PDA

View Full Version : Ad-hoc Wifi Transfers?

Mastastealth
February 25th, 2007, 12:07
I was wondering if there are any DS apps that allow Direct DS-to-DS transfers? Something so I can upload homebrew to my friend's cart wirelessly, send him the latest version of a firmware, or even share music and pictures. Maybe a little file management so he can delete different things as he sees fit. Is there anything like that yet?

Sonny_Jim
February 25th, 2007, 14:01
Adhoc mode isn't supported by the wifi lib at the moment. There was an application called WMBHost that would allow you to send a demo file via the DS Download Play option using two DS's, but that was only a proof of concept really. The only other way would be to use DSFTP and/or DSLinux, but you'll still need a wireless point to connect to though.

Mastastealth
February 25th, 2007, 15:46
Hmm. I noticed that DSFTP only seems to work as a server? Are there any FTP clients for the DS? I suppose that might be why you mention DSLinux...?

DanTheManMS
February 25th, 2007, 23:35
Like Sonny_Jim said, there is WMBHost. However, I haven't been able to get it to work (apparently it can only read from certain types of Supercards at the moment), and the other DS needs to have FlashMe installed anyway.

Not sure if there are any FTP clients for the DS, though like you mentioned, there might be one for DSLinux.

Djhg2000
March 10th, 2007, 22:43
Yes, it has a client: wget.

Here's how to use it:
wget <source> <target>

Like this:
wget the.source/the.file
will download "the.file" from "http://the.source" to current directory
or
wget ftp://the.source/the.file /targetfolder/target.file
will download "the.file" from "ftp://the.source" to "/targetfolder"" under current directory and save it as "target.file"

Mastastealth
March 24th, 2007, 18:35
Wget ey? That's odd, typing in wget gives me a command not found. Do I have to compile it myself?