PDA

View Full Version : My idea: Keyboard for PSP Bochs.

Cooleo
February 25th, 2007, 13:43
I really would like a keyboard for PSP Bochs as im loving running 98se on PSP :D. Lot of hastle to get it on there,but so worth it to show to friends,family etc.

'Please Mr Code Man, Make me a keyboard.'

Edit: Ok, $20 is yours if:
You get a GOOD onscreen keyboard
and map the keys (Like DPAD Being Arrow keys,Would be helpful when winblows crashes)

sonic3d
April 5th, 2007, 02:07
how much space does it take to put w98 on your psp?

gunntims0103
April 5th, 2007, 02:13
strange, i thought only win 95 was the only microsoft operating system that actually runs on the psp.

As for the keyboarding request you would have to get the source code of the program that runs win 98 on the psp and rewrite the button input/output to work with the keyboard. Thats just a shortened version of what you have to do as im sure theres more.

Wally
April 5th, 2007, 07:57
Bochs hasnt been updated for ages so its pointless even asking unless the creator makes a comeback

mike03$$$
May 13th, 2007, 21:17
um i think pikey works with that cause of the plugin and windows has a virtual keyboard already

gambiting
May 17th, 2007, 16:55
Win98 runs on bochs,but it takes ages to load.And I've emailed author of psp bochs version for it's source code months ago...no reply.Maybe someone could re-port bochs again releasing it's source code,with improved screen scaling,becouse cpu scaling sucks,it would work a lot faster if used gpu screen scalling.

sappo
May 19th, 2007, 23:56
What's the meaning of adding something to BOCHS that is uber-old when PSP Dosbox it's coming great?

It would be best to add a Danzeff Keyboard to PSP Dosbox, as the author is still working on it.

Someone already asked for it, but no reply.
Let's hope for something soon.

lilbart90
June 23rd, 2007, 05:40
bochs blows, no offense the the creator. But its not that great and the only purpose is to what? have windows 95 on the psp? waste of space and a waste of time.

Props the dev and porter though...