PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Dextromethorphan, and if so is it good?

ExcruciationX
February 25th, 2007, 16:47
I would like to know, because I have always wanted to try a hallucinogen. Hey, it might even influence me to make another ambient work!

VampDude
February 25th, 2007, 17:12
Dextromethorphan???

nope, cause I don't do drugs!

dunno what it is??? but it sounds illegal :p

Gizmo356
February 25th, 2007, 17:15
It sounds like a disease I wouldn't touch that if I were you. :P

valar
February 25th, 2007, 17:23
my fav vision bender is trip also sounds aren't coming from the speakers,they float in the air.brilliant.makes you are reborn again.:rofl:
listen to akira soundtrack and have a bowl of rice:D

joshisposer
February 25th, 2007, 18:00
I read a bit and it is somewhat a meth type drug. In the sense of this comes from like cold medicine and crap. I stay away from meth crap but i find it plain stupid.

ExcruciationX
February 25th, 2007, 19:01
dunno what it is??? but it sounds illegal :p
It's a cough suppressant, but in higher doses it makes you hallucinate a little bit. It's not scheduled so it's relativity easy to get you hands on.

It's just something I would like to try one day.

brainpan
February 25th, 2007, 19:19
A dextromethorphan or robotrip is a lot like a light mushroom trip but in my opinion more auditory. I have "robotripped" 3 times a few years ago and each experience seemed a little different. The first time it was an odd sensation and my sense time seemd to be very severely warped. the second time I had more of a typical "trip" with slight visuals and a very jovial attitude about things. The third time was very much a head trip, again with slight visuals but that time with a but of psychosis thrown. I thought in all seriousness I was a descendent of Jesus. All experiences were mild though and the hardest thing about all of the trips were first choosing the right cough syrup(you want medicine with JUST dextromethorphan, nothing else) and then actually downing the crap. You would think that each time it would get easier to ingest but for me it was quite the opposite. I nearly vomited from the tatste the third time. If you have tried LSD or mushrooms, dont expect as nearly an intenst experience but instead a much milder one.

joshisposer
February 25th, 2007, 20:49
That does not really seem worth it to me. Any side effects though? It doesn't seem addicting, since you said three times years ago. What about like head aches or something afterwards. Personally, i would recommend lsd more.

kcajblue
February 25th, 2007, 21:10
drugs are bad for you.

ExcruciationX
February 25th, 2007, 21:20
Well, I know all that. I was just wondering if you enjoyed it or not. The mildness of it sound's good to me.

Kcajblue: That's what your government WANT'S you to think. The only reason they care is because of public pressure, and money.

VampDude
February 25th, 2007, 21:45
I like sleeping tablets, nothing happens except you can feel groggy for a few days after taking a whole packet

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 00:19
If nothing really happens, what's the point for sleeping pills? I'm not really a fan of pill popping, cause, when people are really sick, thats when you blame the poppers for making it prescription only.

VampDude
February 26th, 2007, 00:54
If nothing really happens, what's the point for sleeping pills? I'm not really a fan of pill popping, cause, when people are really sick, thats when you blame the poppers for making it prescription only.

Dunno really?

The last time that I took a load've sleeping tablets was almost a year ago (it's a long story...), anyway it had a reverse affect on me and I was'nt able to goto sleep for 6 days and I constantly felt like I had been Tranqulized as I was constantly felt tired/drowsy etc

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 01:31
NO what's funny, i just found some pills in my bathroom that had this in it. It has like 5mg per pill. there is also 2 other ingredients. this is a cold pill. lol, but it's for kids so it tastes yummy and grapish.

ExcruciationX
February 26th, 2007, 01:53
Don't take it! It has other drugs in it, that can kill you in excessive amounts.

I think you can isolate Dextromethorphan from cough syrup, but I don't remember how.

Gizmo356
February 26th, 2007, 01:54
I would like to know, because I have always wanted to try a hallucinogen. Hey, it might even influence me to make another ambient work!

Are you sure you're mom would let you.

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 01:55
I didn't say i was gonna take it. I just thought it was funny, cause i was going to the bathroom when i saw the pills laying around. Plus, i'm not really a pill popper.

VampDude
February 26th, 2007, 02:00
I didn't say i was gonna take it. I just thought it was funny, cause i was going to the bathroom when i saw the pills laying around. Plus, i'm not really a pill popper.

lol, you should pop a few! :p

ExcruciationX
February 26th, 2007, 04:24
Probably not, but almost anyone's mom is concerned about their kid's safety right?

Gizmo356
February 26th, 2007, 04:25
Probably not, but almost anyone's mom is concerned about their kid's safety right?

Yeah LOL ExcruciationX thats it I'm going to stop with the mom thing its getting old....

ExcruciationX
February 26th, 2007, 04:40
Yeah, it is...

I've read that it is similar to LSD, Alcohol, and Opiates at "first plateau" doses (under 150 mg). Now, I don't know about you, but this sound's like something fun.

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 07:06
lol, you try it and let us no. BTW, Vamp, i love your new avatar and sig.

gdf
February 26th, 2007, 11:41
Ex! is this illegal btw? ANYWAY. I wrote in the script that your brain would melt if you took drugs! anyway drugs are pretty bad for you. even pot can have some nasty side effects, especially on the developing brain.

bullhead
February 26th, 2007, 18:48
If you're gonna be a druggy, dont be piss poor at it. If you are to do something do it to the best of your ability. Don't start something if you aren't gonna go the full way. Be a druggy, not a semi-druggy!

bull, x.

ICE
February 26th, 2007, 19:39
well my opinion on drugs in general is that before you do it you have to know yourself. drugs literally broke up my family and it bothers me that people take them lightly. if you have an addictive personality you should think twice before doing any recreational drug or even prescription drugs for pain. i, personally, have a personality prone to addiction and refuse to take any pain killer stronger than tylenol. like i said before know your personality first. know thy self.

ExcruciationX
February 27th, 2007, 02:46
Well, I'm going into this as safe as possible.

I'm thinking it will help release my artistic side.

joshisposer
February 27th, 2007, 03:40
I have an addictive personality sort of. But not at all towards drugs. It takes me a while to actually get addicted to something. Like, i used to be addicted to bite my nails, but i stopped in less than a month. When i was little, i used to rip the skin off my lip and make it bleed (i was emo) and i stopped that in like 2 weeks. It may seem like a while, but i do stop. I did both of these for about 3 years or so.
I get addictive but i have very strong will to stop. I just have an tremendous curiosity though

ExcruciationX
February 27th, 2007, 07:01
I'm an avid nail biter too.

gdf
February 27th, 2007, 13:29
same. it sucks. btw do you actually like the script i gave you or didi you hate it all. really hope you keep one bit about jkkdark.

Kramer
February 27th, 2007, 13:52
I've been wanting try this for about 2 years but I just cant be bothered walking into a chemist looking all dodgy asking for Robitussin DX.

ExcruciationX
February 27th, 2007, 17:35
same. it sucks. btw do you actually like the script i gave you or didi you hate it all. really hope you keep one bit about jkkdark.
It's alright, but it's no matter. I've finished it!!! :D

bullhead
February 27th, 2007, 17:54
" really hope you keep one bit about jkkdark."

whats this about?

Yobumtin
February 27th, 2007, 18:42
Man try it once. Don't get too sucked up into it. If I were you I'd get something natural like shrooms or salvia. Or you could get a safer chemical drug (LSD). If it does work let us know how it goes. :\

gdf
March 1st, 2007, 14:18
It's alright, but it's no matter. I've finished it!!! :D

can you pm it to me again?

jman420
March 9th, 2007, 03:37
dude, just dont be such a pussy... get ye some weed, every teenager knows where to get some... that will be good enough...

gdf
March 10th, 2007, 11:44
who me? i will do what i want, and i don't feel particularly compelled to take illegal drugs. that's the thing: ILLEGAL. my morals won't let me take it and if i did i would feel very guilty (yes, even weed).

jman420
March 11th, 2007, 22:19
"morals" . . . . a word not to say with an ethical philosopher... I would have to ask... how are your morals effected by law? How can you explain how your morals should be effected by any law? And where does law come from?

Every "moral" theory, or ethical theory (except one) will claim that smoking pot is moral, and ethical. this one that says its wrong is the "Social Contract" theory, but even this theory has its flaws. the social contract theory will state that it is unethical to act apon anything that would be against the society in which you live. the only reason that it would be immoral to do so would be because the rest of your society claimed that it was unethical.. but who is to say what is ethical or unethical? There are no people on this earth that would have the grounds to claim that any one thing is wrong, or right. take alcohol for example, because your Scottish society finds alcohol entertaining, it is left as an ethical way to enjoy one's self. however, in other countries, alcohol is severly frowned apon. there is a defining ground for the ethical commands of the society that you live in, and unless you rely on the "Social Contract" theory as your defining moral theory, it would be ethical by anyone else's standards to try using cannabis for yourself...

This has been another afterschool example of Ethics In ACTION!

staring Jman420.

all proceds from this program go straight to me.

gdf
March 12th, 2007, 12:34
put it this way: if it was legal i would smoke it. it should be legal, but the fact that it isn't deters me. i know governments are corrupt ****s, but at the end of the day it's where i stand. smoking pot is probably more moral than drinking alcohol, purely because it grows naturally and needs very little manipulation to be used.

IamAbe
March 13th, 2007, 05:33

dont drink cough syrup. if you wanna trip, try acid or shrooms. legal shit is always bad news, the only thing to even consider is morning glory seeds, look it up on erowid. btw, i didnt read any of the other posts so sorry if this has been said.

kcajblue
March 13th, 2007, 05:44
morning glory effects

Positive
mood lift
feelings of insight
increase in sensual and aesthetic appreciation
feeling interested in things one normally ignores
feeling engaged with the world
open- and closed-eye visuals

Neutral
general change in consciousness (as with most psychoactives)
altered perceptions
changes in perception of time
unusual thoughts and speech
day-after effects are light, but no work should be planned

Negative
anxiety
nausea, gas, vomiting (common) I did one pack, about 45 seeds, and didn't puke. (Didn't get any effects either) Then I did 3 packs and puked, but had a decent but not particularly visual trip. Then I did 5 packs, didn't puke for about 5 hours but felt slightly sick the whole time, but I had an INTENSE visual trip, it was a lot like LSD. Vomiting happened AFTER the trip.
delirium, dizziness, confusion
paranoia, fear, and panic (infrequent, more common with higher doses)

scottyboynow
March 13th, 2007, 13:35
Sounds nasty, I couldn't take any drugs. Alchohol yes :thumbup: :p

ExcruciationX
March 13th, 2007, 17:38
dont drink cough syrup. if you wanna trip, try acid or shrooms. legal shit is always bad news, the only thing to even consider is morning glory seeds, look it up on erowid. btw, i didnt read any of the other posts so sorry if this has been said.
Hmm... okay.

It would be hard for me to aquire any illegal substance. I might try Marijuana, but that's not a hallucinogen is it?

gdf
March 13th, 2007, 21:33
if you do anything, then do pot. it has virtually zero risk factor and not many negaative effects if taken moderately or infrequently.

IamAbe
March 14th, 2007, 00:23
Hmm... okay.

It would be hard for me to aquire any illegal substance. I might try Marijuana, but that's not a hallucinogen is it?

no, its not

gdf
March 14th, 2007, 21:07
why are you so desperate to hallucinate? someone said you can stay awake for a few days and you'll hallucinate.

ExcruciationX
March 16th, 2007, 16:21
I just thought it would be cool.

Man
March 16th, 2007, 18:14
if you do anything, then do pot. it has virtually zero risk factor and not many negaative effects if taken moderately or infrequently.

AH HA !!! and you gave me negative rep for smoking weed.

gdf
March 17th, 2007, 13:40
no, i gave you negative rep for getting caught! :p i just laughed when you put that thread up. don't worry i'll restore some of your rep.;)

ExcruciationX
March 17th, 2007, 17:38
Maybe gunntims003 can give me some. ;)

JKKDARK
March 17th, 2007, 17:44

You can't buy GTA and you want to take drugs? :rolleyes:

ExcruciationX
March 17th, 2007, 20:58
My Mom's pretty open-minded when it comes to this kind of stuff. I don't know what she'd do if she found me using drugs.

gdf
March 18th, 2007, 12:07
well i know mines would probably slit my throat and ask if i needed "help". she is worried i will smoke weed now because i have spoken to her about being influenced to do it recently, a bit by this site. she thinks eeryone here is a paedo and wants to rape me, which sucks.

devdj
March 18th, 2007, 12:23
ya should all try this program called I-Doser its cool.

gdf
March 18th, 2007, 12:40
holy freakin' crap! sounds awesome, got to try this out. @Ex google it, this is the thing for you.

mesosade
March 18th, 2007, 15:59
hmmm so...we can talk about drugs but we can't talk about roms and stuff why is this site so screwed up?

Gizmo356
March 18th, 2007, 16:17
I snort weed:D

Gold Line
March 18th, 2007, 17:18
we all do

samthegreat68
March 19th, 2007, 05:03
me and my friends where going to try shrooms this weekend, but the dealer kid flaked out or something. dosnt he want money?? we had $75 waiting for the shrooms and he never showed

ExcruciationX
March 19th, 2007, 07:04
Oh my... This I-Doser thing sound's cool!

/Me goes to my source for software

Kramer
March 19th, 2007, 08:46
Oh my... This I-Doser thing sound's cool!

/Me goes to my source for software

lol.
Your source...

I tried I-doser it did nothing for me.

gdf
March 19th, 2007, 12:23
hmmm so...we can talk about drugs but we can't talk about roms and stuff why is this site so screwed up?

i mentioned this before and splodger got banned!

ExcruciationX
March 19th, 2007, 16:03
well i know mines would probably slit my throat and ask if i needed "help". she is worried i will smoke weed now because i have spoken to her about being influenced to do it recently, a bit by this site. she thinks eeryone here is a paedo and wants to rape me, which sucks.
I'm out to get you! :p

gdf
March 20th, 2007, 13:17
ahh! RAPE! i'm telling my mummy!

devdj
March 20th, 2007, 15:38
does anyone know where i can get Salvia divinorum in Ireland in stores

ExcruciationX
March 22nd, 2007, 06:20
Gdf, is your mom like my mom, thinks everybody on the internet is a rapist?

Also, you shold be able to buy it in stores, devdj.

gdf
March 22nd, 2007, 13:27
yeah i know what's with that? i said i was helping someone write a script and he was my age, and she said "Hmmmm, he's a 45 year old rapist. don't meet him!". i said you live in the US and she said "That's what he says..."

Cloudhunter
March 22nd, 2007, 13:33
BTW ExcruciationX, I know it's off topic but in regards to your sig... The pack you made IS illegal, as it includes the DATA.DXAR... Which is including copyrighted Sony stuff outside of their original packs.

Cloudy

gdf
March 22nd, 2007, 13:36
:0 tut tut!

ExcruciationX
March 22nd, 2007, 15:48
BTW ExcruciationX, I know it's off topic but in regards to your sig... The pack you made IS illegal, as it includes the DATA.DXAR... Which is including copyrighted Sony stuff outside of their original packs.

Cloudy
That's what I thought too, but I haven't recieved an infraction for "warez". I think the firmware dumps themselves are illegal and my pack is not, but where do you draw the line?

yeah i know what's with that? i said i was helping someone write a script and he was my age, and she said "Hmmmm, he's a 45 year old rapist. don't meet him!". i said you live in the US and she said "That's what he says..."

My alter-ego is 51, but I'm 15.

I'm a very nice guy. If you did meet me in real life, then we could be friends.

I'm not a rapist.

I'm hetrosexual.

gdf
March 22nd, 2007, 21:02
yeah, sadly my dearest mother doesn't quite concur...i said you were 15 a while ago, i'm the same age but my mum still thinks you and most others here are baby rapers, which i find impossible...

JKKDARK
March 22nd, 2007, 23:52
yeah, sadly my dearest mother doesn't quite concur...i said you were 15 a while ago, i'm the same age but my mum still thinks you and most others here are baby rapers, which i find impossible...

impossible? http://www.emutalk.net/images/smilies/newsmilies/drool.gif