PDA

View Full Version : New Mainboard

JAKETHESNAKE28
February 25th, 2007, 17:16
Hello, I have a huge question to ask:confused: . I am running 3.10 firmware on a ta-082 board. And i really want to run some homebrew which i have already done with the ds but i heard that psp is cooler. I was wondering if i buy a new mainboard for my psp off ebay. (firmware 1.5) then i can run homebrew. Am i correct or is there no possible way that i can run homebrew because of my ta-082 mainboard. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

jakethesnake28

xg917
February 25th, 2007, 17:39
its not the mother board thats causing the problem, its the firmware.. you should have never updated your psp.

JAKETHESNAKE28
February 25th, 2007, 17:54
its not the mother board thats causing the problem, its the firmware.. you should have never updated your psp.
I know i totaly messed up and i updated then found that i made the mistake. If i wait is i possible for me to still use homebrew software if they make it for 3.10?

Gold Line
February 25th, 2007, 17:55
It dose not matter if you have a ta-082 board or not but to play homebrew or downgrade your firmware you must be firmware 3.03 or lower

just buy a new psp off ebay or any other site that sells psps with a firmware lower than 3.03

in future don’t upgrade

or you can just wait for someone to release homebrew on 3.10 but it could take 3-4 months

=Trojan=
February 25th, 2007, 18:18
I have 3 words

First Word is

Do

2nd Word is

Not

And last but not least

Update.

xg917
February 25th, 2007, 18:26
lol, dude, hes a DS user. he must be new to this.

well, options are:
-buy from ebay
-buy from store (you can check the firmware by looking on the side of the box)
-trade psps with some1 that has 3.03 or lower

and btw, to downgrade 3.03, you need an unpatched version of GTA liberty city stories... i have a patched one, try renting GTA at block buster or buy a used GTA LCS from ebgames or gamestop.

JAKETHESNAKE28
February 26th, 2007, 03:02
lol, dude, hes a DS user. he must be new to this.

well, options are:
-buy from ebay
-buy from store (you can check the firmware by looking on the side of the box)
-trade psps with some1 that has 3.03 or lower

and btw, to downgrade 3.03, you need an unpatched version of GTA liberty city stories... i have a patched one, try renting GTA at block buster or buy a used GTA LCS from ebgames or gamestop.

Thats right i am a DS user. How do i check to see if the GTA version is patched or unpatched?:confused: :confused: :confused:

If anyone would want to give me a psp for under $50 i might take it.

pt9087
February 26th, 2007, 03:23
Firmware v2.00 is on the Umd disk... Put the game in the Umd and go underneath the start game option

Triv1um
February 26th, 2007, 16:30
Also, on the disk.

It says something like SLES(or something like that)load of numbers then if it has #2 on its patched.

If there is no #2 it is unpatched.

xg917
February 26th, 2007, 21:09
i dont see anything on my umd disk. but it has 2.60 update on it, im guessing its patched

rolo_wwe
February 28th, 2007, 17:15
yes mate that would be a patched version.
I have the unpatched version but I'm so not sharing it incase it becomes lost!... I reckon if you ask around ur friends someone may have the one you want.

jonezybaby
February 28th, 2007, 17:52
blockbuster etc has loadsa unpatched GTAs, try there

EvilSeph
February 28th, 2007, 22:28
People really need to stop posting false information or information that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I don't care if you post something and are not sure. But if you do that, please don't post it like you know everything and whatever you say is right. Because it isn't.

If you don't know the answer, it's better if you don't post or post something along the lines of: "I'm not sure but..." and then your answer. This will reduce the amount of incorrect crap circulating the internet about the PSP and reduce the amount of rumours and false information being posted on this forum. Please, I hope you take my advice to heart. It would really help this community.

If you were to swap the motherboard, you'd be swapping to the NAND chip on the new motherboard, therefore you'd be on whatever firmware is on the new NAND chip.

For those people who have nothing better to do than to troll on these forums and rub it into people's faces to not update. Stop telling people to not update. They know this already. They've accepted they did the wrong thing and are asking for help. They're not coming here to be ridiculed by people on the internet.

For those of you who are telling him how to downgrade a PSP with 3.03 firmware, why? He has 3.10. That's been established. Posting about 3.03 related hacking isn't appropriate for this topic. If you had stayed on topic, maybe someone would have actually answered his question.

Why are you talking about GTA in this topic anyway? GTA (unpatched or patched) has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I stress again: Please, I hope you take my advice to heart. It would really help this community.

------------------------------------------------------------

For clarification, I reiterate, the topic at hand is thus: If the author of this topic were to replace their motherboard with another one, would that enable him to run homebrew?

The answer:

Well, to be honest, this is a tricky one. Since you have a TA-082, you'd have to ensure you have a TA-082 motherboard as the replacement.

But the answer is yes. Replacing the motherboard would result in the new NAND being used, therefore, your PSP would use the firmware stored on that new NAND chip.

I'd also like to stress, however, that replacing the motherboard is not easy. And you could easily break both motherboards if you didn't know what you were doing.

You have a few options:
- replace the motherboard with a TA-082 one.
- wait for the new mod chip that is rumoured to come out
- buy a new PSP
- wait for 3.10/3.11 firmware to be exploited

I hope this helps. And I hope my message gets across to all the spammers and trolls that have posted in this topic.

mikebeaver
February 28th, 2007, 23:01
Evilseph: A very well rounded and balanced piece, if only someone had stated those facts at the beginning of this thread there could have been a lot less confusion surrounding what this poor guy needs to do.
There is no point telling him not to upgrade any more, he has already upgraded himself out of the homebrew loop, and once on a custom firmware or one that will enable him to use homebrew, I very much doubt he will ever update to another Sony made firmware.
lets just all try to help each other out and not mock those unfortunate enough to be stuck with standard PSP's.

Wally
February 28th, 2007, 23:23
Very good point Evilseph.

People should read posts carefully

JAKETHESNAKE28
March 1st, 2007, 13:35
i already have a great guide to pull apart my psp so i dont worry (as much)the problem is the fact that i do not know where to get a ta-082 motherboard for cheap even though ive got the idea from ebay. if you have any suggestions please post. thank you for the great feedback. btw, Evilseph that was an amazing post. I hope everyone listens to you.

jarm
March 3rd, 2007, 23:56
The answer:

Well, to be honest, this is a tricky one. Since you have a TA-082, you'd have to ensure you have a TA-082 motherboard as the replacement.

NO you don't, just swaped a bricked ta-082 mobo for a ta-079 today. After i was done, installed 3.10 oe-a. you have to use the right wifi board though. 082 wifi won't work on 079 mobo had to replace mobo and wifi boards but as far as the rest, no probs.

:thumbup: