PDA

View Full Version : Map This! hang up, then PSP dies!

JoQ
February 25th, 2007, 18:31
Hi!

Thanks for this beautiful app deniska, i have been making a map for my area (took me 5 hours :/ ). Don't got my PSP-290 yet (on its way)... but i changed in config that i dont have a GPS.
Now to the problem:
I can load the map, but when i try to zoom anywhere more than one time (i can zoom once, but now twice) in map the PSP hangs up (nothing happens) 5 seconds later its dead and i need to restart it again.
The map i made is all zoomlevels.

Please help!

zsc
February 25th, 2007, 20:22
which MapThis are you using? the one for generic GPS receiver or the one for the PSP290?

If you're using the one for the PSP290, which version firmware are the prxs from?

What kind of map, size, zoom level are you using?

Try making a smaller map and test to see if it still crashes.

Also, the latest version for generic GPS is 0.488 and the latest for the PSP290 is 0.48.

JoQ
February 25th, 2007, 21:15
I'm using PSP-290 0.48 (couse my reciever is on the way). PRX are from 3.10
Map size is 96mb (all zoom levels).

But i got it working now, i can zoom out and in, move around, but sometimes, can take 2min or 10 sec the PSP hangs. Is it couse of the beta?
One thing that's odd is that i can zoom in all the way, it's only small squares nearest zoom, and i choose all levels in GMDL. That's odd?

Thanks in advance!

deniska
February 25th, 2007, 22:43
try disabling all your FW plugins and see if that helps..

MIB.42
February 26th, 2007, 08:09
try disabling all your FW plugins and see if that helps..

Sounds a bit like the problem I encountered, possibly having a dead cachemngr. I think "we" need to better "document" when something goes wrong... ;-)

JoQ
February 26th, 2007, 08:28
densika, i don't got any plugins, if u mean in my custom firmware (3.10 OE-A'), or is it any other?

MIB.42, did you solve your problem, and how? Whats cachemngr?

Does it matter if i got an UMD in tray?

It's wierd couse i can't use all zoom levels, everyone is working except the one that is not nearest but before...

MIB.42
February 26th, 2007, 08:34
densika, i don't got any plugins, if u mean in my custom firmware (3.10 OE-A'), or is it any other?

MIB.42, did you solve your problem, and how? Whats cachemngr?

Sorry, it's one of the threads running. The part of the MapThis program which handles the tile loads. No, this still needs to be investigated. Can you tell me the size of your map ( how big is your _map directory where this happened? )

JoQ
February 26th, 2007, 11:28
_Map-directory was 96mb, all zoom-levels!

zsc
February 26th, 2007, 19:08
from what zoom level to what zoom level? have you tried using other PRXs? Try using 2.71 or 3.03 prxs.

JoQ
February 26th, 2007, 20:35
It's not the same zoom-level always. I havn't tried other prx, will do...

Codaz
February 26th, 2007, 23:07
Does it really matter which prx u use ?
Because with the supplied prx files from the green program it works there, but chrashes at zooming in mapthis.

zsc
February 28th, 2007, 07:48
i tihnk with newer prx's, GPS functionality are improved. read the instruction on how to get prx's from the FAQ in my signature.

MIB.42
February 28th, 2007, 08:03
i tihnk with newer prx's, GPS functionality are improved. read the instruction on how to get prx's from the FAQ in my signature.

It might no be a pure prx issue, it "just" happened to me today as well. Me glad, I put in the necessary debug stuff in the code, ran it, but it worked. I tried it 1000 times, works... it simply stop'd happening ever since, including the normal builds as well. Hate these type of bugs...

JoQ, does it happen with other maps or just that one (96MB) only?

JoQ
February 28th, 2007, 12:59
MIB.42, you are completely right... I downloaded a new map that is 328mb over my area, and it works like a charm, i downloaded 3 others too, one on 192mb and two ~15mb and all works very well...
Seems to be a problem that's not very ordinary.

The map that is 96mb sometimes works well too, but it seems to be faulty after all.

I'm just glad it works now :)

MIB.42
February 28th, 2007, 18:39
MIB.42, you are completely right... I downloaded a new map that is 328mb over my area, and it works like a charm, i downloaded 3 others too, one on 192mb and two ~15mb and all works very well...
Seems to be a problem that's not very ordinary.

The map that is 96mb sometimes works well too, but it seems to be faulty after all.

I'm just glad it works now :)

I'd love to have that 96MB map for debugging. Can you uploaded it somewhere? Thanks.

zsc
February 28th, 2007, 18:44
perhaps the map is missing some tiles? or maybe some of the tiles are 'damaged' during the download process. does the crashes happen over any specific place on the map?

JoQ
February 28th, 2007, 18:58
MIB.42, I'm terribly sorry but i deleted it since there was no use for it (i thought). But i'm not 100% sure that it's the map that is faulty, couse sometimes it worked well.

zsc, no i think it was when you zoomed too quick, before it had finished loading the layer.

Codaz
March 1st, 2007, 01:01
Problem is that if you don't download ALL zoom level's, mapthis chrashes (still in 0.48)

I tried for hours and hours, and this is my conclusion.

Codaz
March 1st, 2007, 01:03
I can upload you a map which gives errors:

It's here:

http://www.divshare.com/download/174320-c18

Made a few days ago with GMDL 0.48 (0.49 wasn't available then).

MIB.42
March 1st, 2007, 05:37
I can upload you a map which gives errors:

It's here:

http://www.divshare.com/download/174320-c18

Made a few days ago with GMDL 0.48 (0.49 wasn't available then).

I am looking at this now...

JoQ
March 1st, 2007, 08:02
Okey, but my map was all zoom-levels checked. Hopefully MIB.42 will figure something out :)

MIB.42
March 2nd, 2007, 05:20
Okey, but my map was all zoom-levels checked. Hopefully MIB.42 will figure something out :)

Ok, I had a detailed look at this. The problem with the map you gave me is, that it contains "holes", (mapx<0) probably due to download problems. I did not have a zoom-related problem with this map and the latest version seems to handle it gracefully. I keep looking at this a bit more though tomorrow...

If you find any other maps where MapThis! behaves weirdly, please send it to me.

Deniska, we may need to have a _map directory validation tool...

Codaz
March 3rd, 2007, 22:00
Ok great that you found the problem !

But it would be ridiculous to redownload the maps. Especially when you have a large map and only a very small hole is in it.

Re downloading for example 600 mb isn't quite cool.

MIB.42
March 4th, 2007, 06:20
Ok great that you found the problem !

But it would be ridiculous to redownload the maps. Especially when you have a large map and only a very small hole is in it.

Re downloading for example 600 mb isn't quite cool.

I hear you. I have not finished looking into deeper to this problem and is my 3rd item after line-rendering and automated screenshots.