PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Portable 2 Sells 500,000 in 1 Day

wraggster
February 25th, 2007, 21:23
On IGNs Boards its claimed that the latest PSP game Monster Hunter Portable 2 has sold 500,000 games in one day in Japan. If thats true then the PSP has one major hit on its hands.

When real verification comes in ill post more about it.

Shrygue
February 25th, 2007, 21:29
If it is true, 500,000 copies of Monster Hunter Portable 2 sold in just one day is incredible to hear...

DarthPaul
February 25th, 2007, 23:06
Holy****! I want this game for sure! I'll start buying the first one,so when this comes to U.S.A. I can buy it and understand the story.

Buddy4point0
February 26th, 2007, 00:00
wow thats ALOT of sales.
ill deffinently get his game if it coems to the us

Cenn
February 26th, 2007, 04:09
here is a link to the original Japanese blog that talks about this.

the blog is a pretty well-respected one in the gaming community.
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10026400167.html

the blog goes on to mention that other portable gaming titles that have had over
300,000 sales on its first day are:
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Pocket Monsters Diamond
Pocket Monsters Pearl
Final Fantasy III

All of them are DS titles which went on hit big sales figures, so it is expected the MHP 2nd will
definitely pass the million mark.

Veskgar
February 26th, 2007, 05:19
All the game developers like SEGA who are trying to distant themselves from the PSP just needs to look at this as an example.

If you actually extend the effort to make GOOD, quality titles for the PSP, your games will sell and you'll make more profit.

The PSP has so much commercial gaming potential. I hope this sets the trend for North America also. A lot of RPG's sell very well in Japan. North American gamers also love RPG's.

Playing so many of the classic PSX RPG games on my PSP just reiterates that the PSP is the perfect handheld for quality RPG and strategy games. I only hope to see more.

Psyberjock
February 26th, 2007, 05:34
I believe this is true, not just because 500,000 people went out and bought it, but because there were 500,000 presales for it. My Japanese friends have bought multiple copies each so they can encourage their other friends to play. A couple of my friends almost bought new PSPs just to be able to keep their homebrew and still play all night on the release day. Luckily 3.10OE came out a week before the release so no one had to buy a second PSP. I've been playing for almost a week straight and I can say it is awesome! Anyone who doesn't try Monster Hunter 1 or 2 is really missing out on the best game for PSP.