PDA

View Full Version : Give me my Sega CD!

IndianCheese
February 26th, 2007, 00:23
I would love to see a Sega CD emulator for PSP. It doesn't seem all that difficult, as it runs off of the Sega Genesis hardware, and we already have an emulator for that. BIOS for both are readily available, and we don't really have any worthwhile emulation projects going on now (besides our beloved Dædalus).

Cloudhunter
February 26th, 2007, 01:07
Nah, not really possible... It is basically emulating two genesis consoles at the same time... one is hard enough.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
February 26th, 2007, 01:15
I prefer my Sega CD console

HAMMIEZ
February 26th, 2007, 01:52
Nah, not really possible... It is basically emulating two genesis consoles at the same time... one is hard enough.

how is it too consoles? All you would need to do is rewrite the rom loading system so it loaded an iso or dump instead of a standard genesis rom.

mcvader
February 26th, 2007, 01:57
The Mega CD wasn't just a CD-Drive, it had it's own processor. Gens for the PC can emulate the Mega CD but recommends at least a Ghz cpu.

wolfpack
February 26th, 2007, 02:18
The Mega CD wasn't just a CD-Drive, it had it's own processor. Gens for the PC can emulate the Mega CD but recommends at least a Ghz cpu.

Incorrect, youre talking about the 32X, sega cd emulation with Gens required a pentium 2 with 233 or 266mhz, i should know, i read the readme and i have it on my pentium 2 with 350 mhz :P

kingkillergrave
February 26th, 2007, 02:26
There's a sega cd emulator for gp2x....so it should be possible.

Cloudhunter
February 26th, 2007, 02:26
But still, the fact remains it has more than one processor...

Cloudy

Napalm-Death
February 26th, 2007, 02:28
But anything is possible..

Cloudhunter
February 26th, 2007, 02:34
Yeah, possible... at less than half the speed of the current genesis emulator...

mcvader
February 26th, 2007, 02:37
Incorrect, youre talking about the 32X, sega cd emulation with Gens required a pentium 2 with 233 or 266mhz, i should know, i read the readme and i have it on my pentium 2 with 350 mhz :P

I stand corrected, yeah I just checked the readme (first time I looked at it in years) and it recommends a PII 333mhz, I like the sound of that :) .

wolfpack
February 26th, 2007, 02:45
I stand corrected, yeah I just checked the readme (first time I looked at it in years) and it recommends a PII 333mhz, I like the sound of that :) .

yea i have an oldy computer in my room, so i basically just use old emulator games on it... i would like a sega cd emulator for the psp. Personally i think its possible to get it at full speed. I know though it would be a hell of a lotta work, but maybe if just parts of Gens got ported, we might see it at low framerates, but then work our way up from there. Kinda like the daedalus emulator but more complicated.

JKKDARK
February 26th, 2007, 02:57
stop dreaming..

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 02:59
I truly think this can be done. Really, we don't need 32x, it had a couple good games, but not even a good Sonic game. I think Sega CD would be a great emulator project for the PSP since it has been done on the GPX or w/e. I would love to play sonic CD, monkey island (for sega cd), F1 circus, lunar and snatcher mainly. I believe this can and should and probably eventually will be done or at least attempted.

wolfpack
February 26th, 2007, 03:03
yea the ORIGINAL lunar... i played the remake for ps1... i liked the oldie better, just cuz of the soundtrack

mcvader
February 26th, 2007, 03:25
I think Monkey Island for the Mega/Sega CD can be played on PSP using SCUMMVM.

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 03:27
Cool, i'm not the only one that likes originals on Sega and stuff. I personally think Sega made some really good RPGs. Please, someone work on this project. Someone should make a thread in the news forum calling out all emulator coders for a Sega CD emulator for the PSP. But, as we know, don't make it a port.

porchemasi
February 26th, 2007, 03:57
Sega CD can be emulated 100% on PSP with 95-150% fps rates. Specific dynarec techniques can be easily applied for on-demand code generating.

You ppl think old school emulation like , ZX (pro old school emulator master), JIT code can prob get Sega CD with optimized code. It would take alot of work but someone with good programming techniques and familiarity with JIT code can for sure make a Sega CD emulator!

Sega Saturn may be pushing it because we barely have workable code to emulate it on the pc effectively emulate it on a new plateform

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 04:00
Sega CD is actually emulated quite well on the PC for the common games i played. I really do agree with you that it is capable. Who will take the job!!!

wolfpack
February 26th, 2007, 04:20
Yes, we need sega cd, that is it... once this system gets emulated on psp, then i think we've covered pretty much almost all the systems for emulators

pibs
February 26th, 2007, 06:50
I would love to see a Sega CD emulator for PSP. It doesn't seem all that difficult, as it runs off of the Sega Genesis hardware, and we already have an emulator for that. BIOS for both are readily available, and we don't really have any worthwhile emulation projects going on now (besides our beloved Dædalus).
LOL didnt you say u hated it?
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23039&page=2
I hope someone makes one though

wolfpack
February 26th, 2007, 17:18
that looks like a fake, look at the number of posts, then compare it to the one IndianCheese has on the first page.

Edit: Nevermind i see it, now i feel like a n00b again

porchemasi
February 27th, 2007, 04:42
every system except except sega cd and saturn have not been been emulated yet ....

ZX-81 *cough* are you the guy for the job?

joshisposer
February 27th, 2007, 06:39
Don't forget 32x and Virtual Boy! Those are decent systems. Well, Virtual Boy is actually really good if you do 3d emulation (red/blue). 32x is alright, i like the spider-man game.