PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone wanna know how to make a DDR dance pad?

MasterChafed
February 26th, 2007, 03:40
I was just sitting on my couch and i suddenly had thought of a way of doing it, and it works, so if you want to know, i will make a tutorial.

pt9087
February 26th, 2007, 03:50
lol nice dude! i was growing at one point then it died. it was about 25cms tall and i called it nipples

MasterChafed
February 26th, 2007, 03:55
erm, right, glad u saw my grow journal, but i was hoping for a response to my post. lol.

joshisposer
February 26th, 2007, 03:57
Sure masterchafed, post it.

MasterChafed
February 26th, 2007, 04:00
alright, i will make the tutorial hopefully by tommorrow
and it can all be made out of items around ur house (aside form an xbox controller)

kcajblue
February 26th, 2007, 04:49
interesting.
ill be waiting for it.

Video_freak
February 26th, 2007, 06:04
I'm interested too.

rmedtx
February 26th, 2007, 13:19
Interested here too. :)

MasterChafed
February 26th, 2007, 23:57
i just finished my prototype and can honstly say it needs some work. so b4 i create that tutorial, i will be making a new prototype out of good materials, not cardboard :P

Napalm-Death
February 27th, 2007, 02:42
I have a friend that's interested in this. Cardboard DDR pad!! xD

kcajblue
February 27th, 2007, 02:52
i just finished my prototype and can honstly say it needs some work. so b4 i create that tutorial, i will be making a new prototype out of good materials, not cardboard :Pyoud better not be lying.

MasterChafed
February 27th, 2007, 02:57
I have a friend that's interested in this. Cardboard DDR pad!! xD

in that case, i will post pics of the first prototype. Next i will put a little more thought into the creation, so i can fix the step panels, tehy are too small, and too sensitive. Prototype 2 on the way.

the first pic is of the dance pad itself, and all the protruding wires :rofl: the second pic is of the torn down xbox controller and of the solder points that i had soldered to :eek: and the third is of my make-shift xbox controller to usb converter, i finally soldered it instead of just using electrical tape :P lol. Anyway, prototype 2 will look much better, and hopefully have better results.

Cheers

--Masterchafed

p.s. if the pics appear blurry, im sry, the close up pics were taken on landscape setting instead of close up mode. :P

kcajblue
February 27th, 2007, 04:44
lol. that better be the first prototype.

scarph
February 27th, 2007, 04:58
lol who couldnt figure out how to do this
you just took apart a controller and put the pads on a mat....

Gizmo356
February 27th, 2007, 05:04
There is more too it than you think ;)

MasterChafed
February 27th, 2007, 15:04
lol who couldnt figure out how to do this
you just took apart a controller and put the pads on a mat....

1. what controller do you know of that has pads?

2. this involves a series of circuits that must be completed.

3. This took a lot of work, so believe me, it is harder than you think

and yes, this is just my first prototype.

kcajblue
February 27th, 2007, 15:36
how are the jackass colorado videos going.

scottyboynow
February 27th, 2007, 15:52
Man, this looks awesome, I would draw arrows on with a Permanent marker, lol.

MasterChafed
February 27th, 2007, 15:52
I have some arrows that are made of acrylic plastic (i think thats what it is) that i will put on the finished one.

and as for the jackass vids, we have a pretty long one coming out soon. :D

jman420
March 9th, 2007, 04:05
well hey, not bad. I just took my XBOX pad, spliced the xbox cable with a USB, an downloaded XBCD... but that would work too :p

only thing I could think of that would work better would be linoleum squares, on top of buttons for the arrows, and on top of 1/4" plywood for the solid sections. the buttons should consist of a group of pads (4 or so) with one pressable button in the center ( buttons could be made of copper sheet with a spacer, or just stripped copper wire, cris-crossed with spacers, so when the button is pressed on, it would cause at least 1 wire, to touch another. you could even just go over to a radioshack an get a button... they're not that costly...) linoleum squares are cheap as crap at Lowes, or Home Depot or somewhere... hell, if you live anywhere near Denver, I could come help ya make it lol PM me if ya want more specific directions on how to make it..

S34MU5
March 9th, 2007, 16:34
me and some of my mates have made a DDR clan.

Kinda just for fun... but its cool (Y)
we use it on CSS, vietcon, COD2, and ogame :p

Not really into wars we are more a surf and fun clan but we still own. XD

-=|DDR|=- FTW

MasterChafed
March 10th, 2007, 01:32
well hey, not bad. I just took my XBOX pad, spliced the xbox cable with a USB, an downloaded XBCD... but that would work too :p

only thing I could think of that would work better would be linoleum squares, on top of buttons for the arrows, and on top of 1/4" plywood for the solid sections. the buttons should consist of a group of pads (4 or so) with one pressable button in the center ( buttons could be made of copper sheet with a spacer, or just stripped copper wire, cris-crossed with spacers, so when the button is pressed on, it would cause at least 1 wire, to touch another. you could even just go over to a radioshack an get a button... they're not that costly...) linoleum squares are cheap as crap at Lowes, or Home Depot or somewhere... hell, if you live anywhere near Denver, I could come help ya make it lol PM me if ya want more specific directions on how to make it..

I already know how to make it, this was just my first prototype becuz i dont have a lot of money.. And i dont live near denver, i live near canon city, which is about 40-50 miles west of pueblo.