PDA

View Full Version : Harrison: PS3 Demand Is Unprecedented

wraggster
February 26th, 2007, 21:11
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/harrison-ps3-demand-is-unprecedented-239713.php)

Say what you will about Phil Harrison, the guy's a real trooper. He's in a position that lesser me would have run screaming from over the last few months, and yet he soldiers on, telling it like it is. James Brightman from GameDaily.Biz has just posted an exclusive interview with Phil from DICE earlier this month, where Phil explains why there are PS3 systems sitting on store shelves.

Talk to the people who run GameStop, talk to the people who run BestBuy, and they'll tell you that the demand is unprecedented and that they give us kudos for managing to keep a very sophisticated supply chain moving.

So in other words, the moment after you see a stack of PS3 systems somewhere they are gone, only to be replaced with a completely different stack next time! Of course!

I just love seeing what the guy has to say, and the interview is a great read overall. He discusses the price point, the rumble feature ("it's not the next-generation feature"), and things the competition could learn from Sony.

ICE
February 26th, 2007, 21:56
im calling bull crap. every store in knoxville tn has TONS of ps3's. my walmart had the same 6 in yesterday as they've had for 2 weeks whereas i have only seen a wii in there ONE time and TWICE total!