PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Swap Trick Booting Imports on Wii

wraggster
February 26th, 2007, 21:33
Dolqube posted this news:

The wii scans AR and rejects it because it thinks its ntsc region. Thats where all the problems are coming from.

THIS SHOULD WORK WITH ANY VERSION OF AR
AND IMPORTS ALSO

i was playing for a while seeing if i could get a game to reboot into ar
for example in pso when it returns from the web page mode with no avail

but i found a hole in the wii itself.... hehehe

------------------\
Dolqube's disc trick|
------------------TUTORIAL-------------------------

1. put an orig gc game into the wii.
2. hover the remote over the start button.
3. press the eject button.
4. press start at last second. ie. before the button is disabled
5. swap discs really fast .ie get it started before blue light comes on.
6. away we go AR and imports. note: AR not needed for imports

good luck all. hope they dont patch this. no more updates for me.

FSVZ
February 26th, 2007, 21:59
Tested it a couple of times and it works.
However you need to be very fast.
Although had some problems with the screen update.
Think it has something to do with the 50/60Hz.

komris
February 26th, 2007, 23:41
That's awesome. I can finally play all my Gamecube games on my Japan Wii. My gamecube is back in the US.

joshisposer
February 27th, 2007, 00:59
Won't this promote pirating? What i mean is, can you play like back ups on this? This will be very cool and all for people with the Wii and want to play like GC and stuff.

komris
February 27th, 2007, 03:07
There were a couple of issues I came across with import games.

1. The swap didn't work with the Ocarina of Time disc. (The rest of the discs I tried work fine.)

2. You must use a memory card formatted to your Wii system's region when playing import games. All of your saves from your native region and imorts must save on your native region formatted memory card.

This is probably a good thing for a lot of people, but was a bad thing for me because all of my saves were on a US formatted memory card and I have a Japanese Wii. Since I don't have my US Gamecube with me, I have to start all my import(US) games again with the memory card formatted to my Wii's native region(JPN).

firewingpegasus
February 27th, 2007, 04:01
That was awesome for a while... then I tried Naruto GNT4. As soon as I get to the menu it gives me a disk read error... It worked fine with Battle Stadium, though...

did anyone get to use Naruto 4? Please tell me it's just my game that didn't work... although it's flawless, so I don't see how that would be it...

sonikku88
March 1st, 2007, 12:46
Aww, man...

And I threw away my old AR disc cuz I thought it was broken... -_-

Muzer
April 21st, 2008, 17:44
Sorry for the resurrection, but has this been patched? I want to know before I import loads of GC and Wii games (I use the Gecko Region Free homebrew for Wii games)

linkinworm
April 21st, 2008, 17:47
im pretty sure this has been patched since 3.0, or is this slightly different? if so does it work stright with freeloader?

Muzer
April 21st, 2008, 18:41
Well, I find there's no point in buying the freeloader if there's a homebrew alternative for Wii games (Gecko Region Free, see http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/Gecko_Region_Free ) and a swap trick for the GC.

linkinworm
April 21st, 2008, 18:51
Well, I find there's no point in buying the freeloader if there's a homebrew alternative for Wii games (Gecko Region Free, see http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/Gecko_Region_Free ) and a swap trick for the GC. the HB freeloader doesnt boot GC imports yet, im really hopeing they do it soon.

Muzer
April 24th, 2008, 06:50
But does the swaptrick still work?

h2923j42n2
April 24th, 2008, 09:00
But does the swaptrick still work?

No. One of the firmwares (I think 3.0) patched it.