PDA

View Full Version : DLDI Patching (Getting FAT errors when running software?)

souLLy
February 26th, 2007, 21:52
Lots of people have been confused about DLDI patching with homebrew DS software, hopefully this should clarify things a bit.

The DLDI (Dynamically Linked Device Interface) was devised because there are so many different cards you can use to run homebrew software on and they all handle the way the software can access the files on the card differently. For a while developers were getting bogged down trying to get their code running on all of them properly, but with DLDI it keeps all this file accessing code seperate, so coders can concentrate on other features of the software. It also means more homebrew in the future is likely to run on your card of choice with few problems. Sounds like good news all round right?

So how do you DLDI patch compatible software?

Go to http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ and you'll see there are different methods for patching your nds files, for Windows users I strongly recommend DLDIRC (Win32 Right Click). If you are using a Mac/Linux you'll need to follow the instructions for them on the site.

Using DLDIRC

Install DLDIRC from the site and when it asks you which card you would like to use, select your card from the list.

Now when you right-click an *.nds file it will offer you the option to DLDI patch it, do so then press a keyboard key when asked and it will patch the homebrew for your card.

It's just the .nds file you need to patch, you don't need to patch individual ROMs if it's an emulator for example. Just copy the patched .nds and any other files it requires to run in the usual way.

Remember: Not all homebrew software needs to be patched and not all homebrew is compatible with the DLDI, read the notes that accompany the software and it should give you a good idea of if you need to patch or not.

toymin80r
February 26th, 2007, 22:00
Yea! Now those noobs will hopefully stop asking me what dldi patching is and how to do it. Nice job Soully.

TeenDev
February 26th, 2007, 22:03
thanx so much. no more noob questions

souLLy
February 26th, 2007, 22:06
hopefully that'll clarify things a bit, point people this way if they're having problems with it ;)

jester13
February 26th, 2007, 22:13
I found my problem with it like 2 days ago. I was supposed to get that Icon thing for DS games for it to work. Good job btw

StealthCP
February 27th, 2007, 20:46
Good stuff! I suppose it can confuse some people, took me about an hour to figure out DS homebrew and DLDI patching once I had the capability but now that I understand how it works it's a breeze. :) Hope people who have trouble getting their heads around it notice this page :D

DanTheManMS
February 28th, 2007, 04:10
Another site outlining what DLDI is can be found at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DLDI

The fact that I wrote 95% of that article isn't at all why I'm promoting it... >_>

But yes, good idea.

kurtless
March 1st, 2007, 05:14
I did all that and I right clicked it and it had the icon for patching.But then when I want to patch like lets say a super nintendo emu for the ds.It just flashes a screen and does nothing.Know whats wroung?

kurtless
March 1st, 2007, 05:51
I did all that and I right clicked it and it had the icon for patching.But then when I want to patch like lets say a super nintendo emu for the ds.It just flashes a screen and does nothing.Know whats wroung?

Oh wait nevermind I had to download the GUI first.It says succesfully patched buuuuut.Whenever I double click it to load it on my max media,it doesn't load!!I guess I need more help plz?

canvasch
March 1st, 2007, 07:53
i use normal supercard SD as the .dldi... i use a supercard minisd, is there something else i should use? like the lite or something?

WESTOMOPRESTO
March 7th, 2007, 01:24
hey guys can you help me on the Mac converson dldi stuff o wait im a fu(ken noob.

voteforpedro36
March 10th, 2007, 01:18
Hmm... is there any way that we could get like a list of DLDI capable homebrew? I have a guide on it too, but I thought of including that ;) ...

Anyway it'd be nice to not have to search the summary on the game to see if it has DLDI when you could do it and put it on a list, then I could copy...

xdre3
March 10th, 2007, 06:07
where does the patched file go?

souLLy
March 10th, 2007, 11:23
it patches the file you selected itself

xdre3
March 12th, 2007, 00:22
Thx

Shejken
March 13th, 2007, 00:35
No DS-X support for the right-click thingy? :mad:

voteforpedro36
March 24th, 2007, 01:34
No DS-X support for the right-click thingy? :mad:

No, not yet, but I'm sure whoever made the regular one is getting on that.

DanTheManMS
March 24th, 2007, 05:14
If you want DS-X support, just select a random driver during installation. Then go to the C:\Program Files\DLDIrc\drivers folder, deleting the old DLDI file for the random one you selected and replacing it with the DS-X, renamed to the old filename. Sure, it'll have the wrong name in the right-click menu, but it will work.

EDIT: wait a sec, it has DS-X support to begin with! Make sure you have the latest version, found at http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12292

Hyrule_boy
May 4th, 2007, 14:31
I didn't know how to DDLI patching worked and stuff. But now thanks to you I do. :)

DanTheManMS
May 5th, 2007, 00:00
GTFO here Hyrule_Boy! And stop stalking me!

>_>

Glad to hear you got it working anyway. I really should update that PocketHeaven page with more info regarding DLDI patching =/

(note to mods: I know HB from another site, so this is just a joke, not a flame)

Oshinagaki
May 16th, 2007, 07:59
lol this sounds noobly, but when i try to patch it, it says that i have 1 byte left and i need 4960. I KNOW i have more than one byte so....can anyone fill me in?

addyb
May 17th, 2007, 14:04
Im getting errors when trying to play quake on the DS.
I have followed all the instructions via simons thread about quake and got all the right files (i think!!) I have a M3 CF card and on the official DLDI site it says the file for my card fails during a test! I have tested it myself and indeed it does fail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have the file in the root of my CF and i patch my .nds files as via the instructions.

I must be doing something wrong somewhere!
Im getting a M3 simply tomorrow so hopefully everything will work on that!

Hyrule_boy
June 9th, 2007, 00:12
Im getting errors when trying to play quake on the DS.
I have followed all the instructions via simons thread about quake and got all the right files (i think!!) I have a M3 CF card and on the official DLDI site it says the file for my card fails during a test! I have tested it myself and indeed it does fail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have the file in the root of my CF and i patch my .nds files as via the instructions.

I must be doing something wrong somewhere!
Im getting a M3 simply tomorrow so hopefully everything will work on that!
Did you make a folder in the root of your card named id1? You've to put some .pak files from Quake in it.

AntiSephiroth
June 27th, 2007, 14:00
Bump, I know, but I don't suppose theres a patch for the new Gn'M Card, is there?
Nothin works atm.

DanTheManMS
June 27th, 2007, 19:51
Nope, but Chishm is taking a look at it, so you might get a read-only DLDI patch file sometime soon.

x999x
July 1st, 2007, 02:48
Emulator loads roms and plays fine, however it does not save sram on my R4 after patching with DLDI and then letting the firmware patch it (1.10 auto dldi) and in both cases I still recieve an error.

I figured out how to test it for those of you who report it works, because I noticed that save-states work in-game, and that save sram appear not to error out.

Save a state, and check to see that it works without resetting the game. Now go to Save Sram. This will also appear to work. Now goto Load Rom to see the error description you should have seen earlier. (i'm using zelda as my test game)

marblelight
October 18th, 2007, 23:36
Hi, I'm using my MMD and I'm trying to use dsmasterplus with it. I patched it with the MMD dldi file and I'm still getting the "no fat system found."

mrsuave909
November 14th, 2007, 04:24
Im using m3 simply and

i right clicked my svsip.nds and patched it

but im still getting the error: fatInitDefault() Failed!
press [b] to quit

can anyone tell what im doing wrong?

tokamux
February 1st, 2008, 19:02
Hey, I'm trying to run protein dscratch in my ds lite, and I have a M3DS REAL & SanDisk MicroSD 2gb, and I can't find a dldi that makes it run. allways fail ind creating file browser. Any help?
Tks

mariovssonic
February 3rd, 2008, 15:46
where do I get the file to dldi patch?

DanTheManMS
February 3rd, 2008, 21:55
From the DLDI wiki: http://dldi.drunkencoders.com

You can also pick up the "DLDI Right Click" program from there which is the easiest method of applying DLDI patches.

Keep in mind that if you have a newer slot-1 device it most likely auto-patches.

aliali101
February 6th, 2008, 13:17
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! ive had my games n music for like 2 day's now and ive tried and tried put i still cant play roms i already know about dsorganize and monshell and all the other softwares but i can seem to patch them im lame at this kind of stuff so can someone send me a prepatched dsorgasnize or monshell or any application that allow's me to play roms on my games n music ive watched many videos and try to follow the step's but i still am not able to do it please can someone help me

aliali101
February 6th, 2008, 13:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! ive had my games n music for like 2 day's now and ive tried and tried put i still cant play roms i already know about dsorganize and monshell and all the other softwares but i can seem to patch them im lame at this kind of stuff so can someone send me a prepatched dsorgasnize or monshell or any application that allow's me to play roms on my games n music ive watched many videos and try to follow the step's but i still am not able to do it please can someone help me

dirty_cousin
February 8th, 2008, 20:46
Well this might be helpful to people using macs. I hate my mac cuz I find it hard to find software for this kind of stuff (its great for everything else). Anyhow theres this neat little app I found called DLDI drop. It's pretty sweet all you've gots to do is drag you're rom on it and pick the kind of flash card you got and thats it! Get it here: http://www.blogadresse.de/2007/01/29/dldi-drop-dldi-patcher-the-mac-way/

Dan_the_Rebirth
March 7th, 2008, 21:32
hey i bought the max media player, but i cant make the newest version of scumm vm ds work on it i always get the same error, i patched the file with the max media dock dldi

DLDI Device:
Max Media Player (Compact Flash)
DLDI Initialise failed.

can someone help me?

DanTheManMS
March 8th, 2008, 21:52
Try patching with the DLDI file specific to the 4 GB "giga-pack" one. It's an option when installing DLDIrc.

Dan_the_Rebirth
March 10th, 2008, 19:41
i installed dldirc but i cant find the giga pack option, where is it?

DanTheManMS
March 11th, 2008, 04:10
The latest version should have an option for the "MMP" that's separate from the MMD option. It's the MMP you want. Heck, just install both and try each one.

At least that's what I'm guessing the problem is. If you don't actually have the Giga-pack hardware, then this likely isn't the issue.

thegrimreaper
March 13th, 2008, 21:24
thank you my friend

estmichel50
December 21st, 2008, 21:14
I don't know if anybody can help me ,I bought a m3dsreal high speed 8gb,Im trying to put it on my ds and I download everything it said and still nothing ,games and files

gitti
January 8th, 2009, 19:04
pls help me...i got a max media player dock. Recorded on it many games, but I canīt play it onmy ds because i had nod rivers. Please can you give me that...o tell me where can i get them...

crookedmouth
January 8th, 2009, 20:43
pls help me...i got a max media player dock. Recorded on it many games, but I canīt play it onmy ds because i had nod rivers. Please can you give me that...o tell me where can i get them...

What are you trying to run?

Are you having a hard time figuring out DLDI?

Or are you trying to run DS commercial games?

DLDIrc is best for easily patching dldi compatible .nds files.

Download DLDIrc
http://psychowood.altervista.org/getDLDIrc.html

Install it and chose MMD(Compact Flash) when asked.

Then right-click any dldi compatible .NDS file and scroll down to max media dock.

If you have the "gigapack" check back.

jdg118
February 7th, 2009, 03:00
:thumbup: Welcome to our website: http://www.wholesale77.com/,We are a trade company that wholesales all kinds of brand shoes, clothing and bags .Such as Nike Jordan,Dunk,Nike shox,Air max,Air force one,Adidas, Puma, Gucci, Prada,Bape Star,Timberland shoes, t-shirts,jeans, shorts and so on.Reliability is our strong point. And we can offer all COLORS and all SIZE.If you do business with us,you never worried about the quality.All products are top quality with original packing.You can rest assured.Our price is for wholesale,so our product is more favourable. TO a certain extent,our price depends on how large your order is.So when you do business with us , you will find how good the quality is ,and how reasonable the price is! If you have any question,don’t hesitate to contact us.Web site: http://www.wholesale77.com/