PDA

View Full Version : Oh Man- "Titanic" Director Claims To Have Found Jesus Christ's Remains.

ExcruciationX
February 26th, 2007, 22:22
VIA: http://http://www.nypost.com/seven/02252007/news/worldnews/jesus_casket_is_found_worldnews_erin_calabrese.htm

"In a bold jab at the heart of Christianity, "Titanic" director James Cameron has made a new documentary that claims the resurrection of Jesus never happened, according to published reports.
Cameron, best known for the Oscar-winning box-office smash, produced the film that asserts Jesus was not resurrected - and that the burial tomb of Christ and his mother, the Virgin Mary, were discovered near Jerusalem, said the report on Time magazine's Web site.

The story starts 27 years ago when Israeli construction workers in the Jerusalem suburb of Talpiyot unearthed a 2,000-year-old cave holding 10 caskets.
After 20 years of archeologists' examinations, the names on the caskets became clear: Jesua, son of Joseph; Mary; Mary; Matthew; Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
The Time story does not explain why there are only six names for 10 caskets.
The documentary claims Jesus sired a child with Mary Magdalene - an assertion made famous in the best-selling book and 2006 movie "The Da Vinci Code."

"I think this is more fanciful and absurd theorizing. Every Christian knows that Jesus the son of God and man died and rose again on Easter Sunday," said New York Archdiocese spokesman Joseph Zwilling. "No alleged DNA test or Hollywood film is going to change that."
The documentary is to air soon in Britain, Israel and Canada, and in the United States on the Discovery Channel.
Cameron and director Simcha Jacobovici supposedly have gathered DNA and archeological evidence, as well as biblical studies proving the coffins belong to Jesus and his family. A press conference is scheduled in New York tomorrow in which Cameron will unveil what he says are the coffins of Jesus, his mother and Mary Magdalene."

Shadowblind
February 26th, 2007, 22:24
If I remember correctly, in the bible it says that when they checked Jesus tomb after 3 days his body vanished. Permanently. I could go more into detail as to why, but the main point is the guy lied.

ICE
February 26th, 2007, 22:33
ok well since the story of his life leading to his death is known to be true (ie. where he went and when. im not saying his miracles are true because no one here would believe that.) i doubt they would lie about him being buried in a tomb with a spot for one body. not 10. this is stupid. this guy is clearly a rich moron with too much time on his hands.

EDIT: is the director of the titanic really the guy to listen too?!?!?! :rofl: well the director of the titanic said it so it must be true.. :rofl:

well X and i have done our part so i expect sp to be here anytime now.. anytime there's a religious post us 3 ALWAYS show up.

ExcruciationX
February 26th, 2007, 23:05
Well, let's just say this is Jesus's Christ's remains. How exactly do you prove it?

I'm pretty open-minded, so if they prove it, I'll believe.

pibs
February 26th, 2007, 23:51
they can try matching the dna samples to the knife/dagger that shanked him when he was in the cross cus suppose ably the shank is real......

and link is not working?

gunntims0103
February 26th, 2007, 23:54
the only way that they could be maybe 80% sure that its actually jesus's remains is through the process of carbon dating. By doing this they can determine how long the remains were dead for and match it with when jesus him self died. If they match up evenly, then it might be true........

Could just be a coincidence

gunntims0103
February 27th, 2007, 00:00
the only way they could know for sure is if they went through the process of carbon dating the dead remains. If the carbon date matches up with the time jesus might have died. then maybe it might be true.

it could just be a coincidence

ICE
February 27th, 2007, 00:01
or check his brother's body that they "found" lol. oh and how do they know they have the right spear?

opiate81
February 27th, 2007, 06:52
LOL
man I hope they dont try and clone him from the DNA like they did in that movie (forget the name)
we'll all be fecked if thats the case

psphax
February 27th, 2007, 08:25
This is a huge trick satan is trying to ruin our faith :< maybe the rapture is near?

psphax
February 27th, 2007, 08:26
ok well since the story of his life leading to his death is known to be true (ie. where he went and when. im not saying his miracles are true because no one here would believe that.) i doubt they would lie about him being buried in a tomb with a spot for one body. not 10. this is stupid. this guy is clearly a rich moron with too much time on his hands.

EDIT: is the director of the titanic really the guy to listen too?!?!?! :rofl: well the director of the titanic said it so it must be true.. :rofl:

well X and i have done our part so i expect sp to be here anytime now.. anytime there's a religious post us 3 ALWAYS show up.
The director of Titanic is responsible for this?!

mcvader
February 27th, 2007, 09:32
ok well since the story of his life leading to his death is known to be true (ie. where he went and when. im not saying his miracles are true because no one here would believe that.)

Known to be true?? Which part?
You got a source?
I wasn't aware any of it had been proven. There may have been a man named Jesus who was a nutcase and claimed to be the son of god but I don't think that it's been proven that he even existed.

It could well be Jesus's remains, It's more believable than that yarn about Jesus dying, coming back to life and flying away. I'd sooner believe James Cameron than the pope. I hope it is Jesus, at least the church will lose a whole bunch of believers and power.

bah
February 27th, 2007, 09:48
Lets just say that the odds of jesus's tomb being found is more likely than someone coming back to life and be done with it. Not likely, but more likely than the alternative.

Have faith in whatever you want, but don't claim that untestable, illogical beliefs are somehow the same as logic, reason and testable observations.

One claims to know all but explains nothing, the other tries to explain what It can and leaves the rest as unknowns.

ExcruciationX
February 27th, 2007, 17:38
This is a huge trick satan is trying to ruin our faith :< maybe the rapture is near?
I HATE people that think like this!
They could find "Satan's Tricks" in their monitor!

Cap'n 1time
February 27th, 2007, 21:12
Hmm. No way to prove this considering we have no Jesus DNA to compare it with. As for the artifacts that we have... well...

The shroud that they covered Jesus with was proven to be a fake. Not only because it was far to new, but also because the "face of jesus" on the shroud was that of a European man (longer skull then that of a middle eastern man) with long hair. According to some scripture somewhere I read or heard long ago, Long Hair was considered to be disgraceful. Our modern depiction of Jesus (white guy with long blond hair and blue eyes) came from pictures and portraits that were supposed to depict the man which were painted during the Renaissance period, and also it may have been based upon old roman artwork also (though the long hair is a bit of a wildcard)

The "Spear of Destiny" or that stick jesus got stabbed with after his crucification was split into different pieces and shipped to different rulers... or something like that. According to legend Hitler was the last person to own a piece (the tip). I cant remember but either it was proven to have come from another period, never recently found, or most likely, never was found.

It is speculated that Jesus is ~2000 years old, but it is impossible to know from sure... Even if the body found is from the same time period, it would be impossible to determine without a reasonable doubt that this is jesus. No doubt hundreds of bodies have been found in tombs from this time period. Considering that Jesus was somewhat of an icon at that time amongst people who were against Roman Rule, it isn't unlikely that early "Christian" symbols would be found in these tombs (This is based upon what the bible says about that whole palm sunday thing. It wasn't till after that many people decided they hated the guy).

I am not suggesting that I know for a fact this isnt Jesus, I'm just saying it would be near impossible to prove. Also for some reason a lot of people feel it is their obligation to disprove the bible, and an equal amount of people that do their best to prove it.

This is probably no different from your average History Channel specials on modern mysteries. Its full of holes, half truths and the conclusion will be based almost purely on speculation... Ironically somewhat like what they tell you in church. Leave history alone and strive for a better future people.