PDA

View Full Version : Record Sales for Monster Hunter

wraggster
February 27th, 2007, 19:58
Anyone who keeps track of the Japanese games market knows how big Capcom's Monster Hunter series is over there. For a reminder, we turn to the latest weekly sales report from Mainichi Interactive. According to the Japanese site, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd sold 700,000 units in its first week following release on 2/15.

Needless to say, this is a record first week for a PSP game. In fact, these sales could make Monster Hunter Portable 2nd the best selling PSP title to date in its home territory.

The site also reports that PSP hardware performed favorably over the week. However, while Sony released a gold-colored system to commemorate the game's release, the most popular colors were the previously released blue and silver units.

via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/768/768254p1.html)

Shrygue
February 27th, 2007, 20:02
Aiyiyi, 700,000 copies of Monster Hunter 2 (I think it's number 2) sold in one week is astonishing to hear! That game must be really popular to sell out that many.

DarthPaul
February 27th, 2007, 20:03
Oh My F*****g God!! I never expected Monster Hunter 2nd to do this 0.0! I always told to my friends that Monster Hunter is the best looking[graphics] PSP game for my opinion. But I never thought this would go so far.

Buddy4point0
February 27th, 2007, 20:25
thats so frikin good
im deffinatly buying his game as soon as it comes out to the us

Veskgar
February 28th, 2007, 00:01
This is good for the PSP. With titles like this, the momentum of commercial games can continue for the PSP.

Basil Zero
February 28th, 2007, 01:20
WOOT!!!

Another best selling game for PSP

Sp3ct0r
February 28th, 2007, 08:41
Monster hunter is ok. but monster rancher is better.

pt9087
February 28th, 2007, 17:06
Nice sales... have to try this game out for sure

Ralbane
February 28th, 2007, 17:35
Monster hunter is ok. but monster rancher is better.

But there has yet to be a Monster Rancher release for the PSP, so Monster Hunter takes the win be default.

Though I do want a Monster Rancher game for my PSP.

Also, I want MH2 badly, MH1 was great but this one has the overhaul of the newer versions.