PDA

View Full Version : How do you put emulators on the ps2?

justinstaxicab
April 22nd, 2005, 06:26
I have an official sony HDD and i want to put some snes roms and emulators on it but i dont know if i have to burn a dick or if i can sytem link through crossover cable or ethernet, note i am on a mac please help

ron
April 22nd, 2005, 10:05
Yes I would like to know if the emulators for ps2 must be executed from MC or can be loaded from HD. Also to know if the emus can be launched from Inlink remotely. Cheers !!!

boule
April 26th, 2005, 18:43
I have an official sony HDD and i want to put some snes roms and emulators on it but i dont know if i have to burn a dick or if i can sytem link through crossover cable or ethernet, note i am on a mac please help
currently, the snes emu only have support for reading roms from the cd/dvd drive(the only exception for now is the O2 modchip which has the ability to emulate the cd/dvd drive, so if you have it then you can put the roms on the hdd or even a usb key) ; however the emu itself can be loaded from the hdd, you need a program like launchelf which has the ability to read/launch from cd/dvd/mc/usb/hdd so you can put emus wherever you want;
to put homebrew stuff on hdd , there is a lot of ways...copy/paste with launchelf, using a ftp program,and with some modchips, you can make cd to install stuff from cd to hdd also.

Yes I would like to know if the emulators for ps2 must be executed from MC or can be loaded from HD. Also to know if the emus can be launched from Inlink remotely. Cheers !!!
you can load emus with inlink :D
but inlink has problems loading neocd/ps2 ; ps2exec or xlink load it perfectly (they're all loaders for the pc side)
http://ps2dev.org/kb.x?T=863

ron
April 26th, 2005, 21:00
Thx, I'll post my advances with emus in PS2. SO, one more question, how do I load the roms or media in the emus ? IS there any procedure ?. Thx again

boule
April 26th, 2005, 22:22
Thx, I'll post my advances with emus in PS2. SO, one more question, how do I load the roms or media in the emus ? IS there any procedure ?. Thx again
I think they all have a browser to search for roms, the genesis emu(pgen) has a great browser which supports more than one level of sub directories (and also loads from hdd, cd drive, usb, memory card) but others like snes-station support only cd.
whatever the emu, there's no need to do anything but use the browser, for the snes one for example, I can load the snes.elf from memory card, then put in the cd I made for dreamsnes and use the emu's browser to look for roms :)
Beware of some emus that are a bit buggy (especially with hdd support and support for more than one level of subdirectory).

Some also have network support (called host), in that case there is a need to put a romlist.txt file in the directory where the roms are located as well as the emu, all the emus that have this function are in the christmas pack release made by 7not6 here:
http://7not6.ps2-scene.org/

;)