PDA

View Full Version : Use the DS mic to blow out fires!

wraggster
February 28th, 2007, 19:14
EA has given new details on its city-building game, SimCity, after announcing its existence back in August 2006.

The SimCity franchise has been around for years but the DS version looks like breathing new life into the city-building game. As well as creating and controlling you very own city, the game will take advantage of the stylus and built-in microphone controls of DS.

You'll have to blow into the microphone to put out fires in the city and sign off on mayoral proclamations with your stylus. Players can also communicate with each other using the wireless data exchange feature. There'll also be several recognisable international landmarks available to place in your city.

SimCity DS is scheduled for a worldwide launch this summer. Check out this first screen EA kindly sent along.

Screen Via Comments
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159030)

Shrygue
February 28th, 2007, 19:19
The top screenshot looks quite like the PC version of Sim City 3000.

raging_bull
February 28th, 2007, 19:50
damn, i'm imagingin myself in the bus to home playing simcity at my ds.. Those people think i'm a retard blowing the whole time at my DS...

I think i'm going to play this game alone..

HaloJ
March 1st, 2007, 10:27
Totally agree.

Mario Kart DS has a similar option where you use the mic to blow up balloons which are effectivly lives. If the system is as bad as that you'll pass out trying to blow out a city fire.

Junixx
March 2nd, 2007, 00:42
Totally agree.

Mario Kart DS has a similar option where you use the mic to blow up balloons which are effectivly lives. If the system is as bad as that you'll pass out trying to blow out a city fire.

Trick to that was to not blow as hard as you could in the mic ;) But yes, this game is based off of SimCity 3000

tisti
March 3rd, 2007, 13:03
I seriusly hope thats not the only way to put out fires :mad: