PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: PS3 Background Downloading Sucks

wraggster
February 28th, 2007, 19:47
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/rumor-ps3-background-downloading-sucks-240406.php)

Since the PS3 was released in the states, gamers have been anxiously awaiting an update that allows them to do something other than look at the progress bar and dream while downloading something from the PlayStation Store. Now Inner Bits claims to have stumbled upon some information regarding the upcoming March PS3 patch 1.60, which is supposed to coincide with the European release of the console. The patch is said to feature background downloading for the PS3...but not while you are playing a game. The PlayStation 3 needs the resources for gameplay, so when you enter a game the download will pause, resuming when you exit it. While this is 100% times better than just having to stop your download and start over should the urge to play hit you, it is still rather bleh overall.

Mind you, the Inner Bits article begins with a sentence that reads like dialogue from a Tom Clancy novel...

We have recently obtained through our contacts in the industry a summary of a high level meeting of the major players involved in Sony's network platform

...so you might want to approach this with a certain amount of skepticism. I'll wait for Sony's word on this before officially being disappointed.

UchihaSasuke
February 28th, 2007, 20:35
I mean wow i took that long to realize

ElRazur
March 1st, 2007, 05:11
Im fed up of constant rumours and bloggers writing their own versions of news about sony....The truth is by the time the truth is out the damage is already done and some people just dont wanna know. A good example would be the price of ps3 game - many rumour reported it at 60pounds each for a game until sony said otherwise, yet i still read on internet forum how somy ignorant posters claims that each game cost 60pounds......sigh.

briyan
March 1st, 2007, 13:37
why not even add this to begin with Sony? i mean come on, the XBOX 360 had this feature virtually when it launched. an example of how Sony will be slow to give out updates to consumers, to try to put a stop to homebrew (remember PSP!).