PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Store: "Even Shoplifting Dreamcasts Is A Crime"

wraggster
February 28th, 2007, 19:53
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/japanese-store-even-shoplifting-dreamcasts-is-a-crime-240256.php)

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/02/dreamcaststealing.jpg

Not much info, but this picture was taken at a retailer here in Japan with the immortal words:

Even shoplifting a Dreamcast is a crime.
And if they catch you, they'll call the cops. After that, they'll call your school, your company and your house! Gawd, what happens when you steal a DS Lite? Firing squad?

Shrygue
February 28th, 2007, 20:13
Whoa, that's sounds a bit over the top....

SSaxdude
February 28th, 2007, 21:22
They still sell new DCs in Japan?

JKKDARK
February 28th, 2007, 22:45
They still sell new DCs in Japan?

refurbished dreamcasts

SSaxdude
February 28th, 2007, 22:56
No me gusta refurb DCs (new bios.)

baracki96
February 28th, 2007, 23:05
Funny, I would have thought one would be rewarded for taking a dreamcast. My question is; what if you don't have a school, company, or house?

JKKDARK
February 28th, 2007, 23:09
Funny, I would have thought one would be rewarded for taking a dreamcast. My question is; what if you don't have a school, company, or house?

Prison ;)

SSaxdude
February 28th, 2007, 23:11
And we all know what goes on in prison...

Azalin
March 1st, 2007, 03:06
They test your emulation capabilities? :confused:

Christuserloeser
March 1st, 2007, 22:08
No me gusta refurb DCs (new bios.)

Nope. They do run homebrew.

SSaxdude
March 2nd, 2007, 15:45
Nope. They do run homebrew.

Really? I heard the refurb DCs had the updated bios (no homebrew/hacks.) Or maybe it's because the DCs were refurbished by the store, and they probably don't have the tools to update the bios.

JKKDARK
March 2nd, 2007, 15:49
Really? I heard the refurb DCs had the updated bios (no homebrew/hacks.) Or maybe it's because the DCs were refurbished by the store, and they probably don't have the tools to update the bios.

The Dreamcast models whcih don't run homebrew were released on America (it says 2 under the console) and the japanese Sakura Wars model

quzar
March 2nd, 2007, 17:39

not quite. the whole motherboard design for these dreamcasts is different, it's not just an updated bios. in these newer dreamcasts, the gd-rom controller is entirely integrated into the motherboard (so the entire thing is basically one board + the power supply + the controller interface board)