PDA

View Full Version : PSP To Go Global

wraggster
February 28th, 2007, 22:12
via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/768/768782p1.html)

According to a report by the BBC, Sony's PSP console is finally going to delve into the realm of cross-platform, worldwide content access. A moderately-demanded feature for gamers, the report quotes Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesman Jonathan Fargher.

"We're hoping to incorporate that functionality in the very near future - from a local level at the moment to a global level probably within the next six months." He extrapolates, "If I have my MP3 Walkman or my iPod, or digital camera connected to PS3 then I can access those devices, too."

The functionality Fargher is referring to is the PSP's built-in wifi capabilities and therefore the PSP's potential for proper online, cross-platform content sharing, beyond the basic online features currently available to the owners of the system.

We will be keen to see exactly how accurate Fargher's comments are as the months creep closer to his "six months" prediction.

DarthPaul
February 28th, 2007, 22:20
PSP is already a success. It is a complete hardware. It has everything[and more] I've ever dreamed of a device. Sony really make it. And if they keep adding features like they're currently doing. It'll be the bomb!

steve-b
February 28th, 2007, 22:22
it has a really bad reputation for some reason though. I think it's just sony hatred or something like that.

Veskgar
February 28th, 2007, 22:33
We'll be hearing lots of "its about time" from many people.

I guess its better late than never but SONY really should have focused more on the WiFi possibilities the PSP is capable of.

Basil Zero
February 28th, 2007, 22:55
Well this seems interesting, but yet again, the main thing they should focus is on psp's gaming capabilities, wi-fi should come second.

Cokemusic
February 28th, 2007, 23:34
The PSP's potential is so crazy it's unbelievable , in comparison to it's low-techh rival the DS . If sony were to fully utilize the imensely upgradble PSP handheld then they'd almost be guaranteed a surge in sales of the units. I mean there's hudnreds of ideas for later sony updates but it seems the guys in the boardrooms aren't taking note.

joshisposer
March 1st, 2007, 00:45
People just don't like the price. They figure, cheaper is better. The PSP is worth like 5x more than the DS. Games actually take thought and aren't remakes and don't come out every two seconds from the same company.

acn010
March 1st, 2007, 01:04
trueee..... but no more space for another FW, so how the hell more features is coming?
are they gonna remove a function?
or create double FW of choice for features?

Emeriastone
March 1st, 2007, 04:15
It just sounds like talk right now. Sony can't even get the PS3 stuff up to what they claimed it would do yet.