PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics Dated

wraggster
February 28th, 2007, 22:14
Strategy fans will at last be able to retire the old Game Boy Advance SP come May as Square Enix at last releases its Final Fantasy Tactics remake for the PSP. The latest issue of Famitsu reveals a May 10 Japanese release date for the title, along with a price point of 4,800 yen.

Tactics on the PSP brings back all the strategy of the early PlayStation Square classic. The game includes two new classes, new FMV, and a new surname, Shishi Sensou (we've unofficially translated this as The Lion War)

Square Enix has yet to announce a date for the title's release outside Japan.

via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/768/768803p1.html)

DarthPaul
February 28th, 2007, 22:22
Yes!! Finally a release date! I'll reserve this as soon as I can!! Ohh..wait...I'm not from Japan dang! I'll have to wait..

Veskgar
February 28th, 2007, 22:25
Although this is a game I really want, if May is going to be the Japanese release, we may not see it in North America until September or later.

I really wish more RPG's were released simultaneously across different regions. I know it would take a good deal of translation efforts but despite what a lot of Japanese think, many in North America love and even prefer this type of game. Especially on a handheld.

Owell, at least I can play the original on the PSP now thanks to Dark_AleX and SONY's POPS EMU.

Basil Zero
February 28th, 2007, 22:54
WOOT!!!

The first FF game to come out on PSP, about time

carlitx
February 28th, 2007, 22:59
oh ya this only gets announced a little while ago but FFCC is still TBA! WTF! i mean FFCC is the only reason i bought this thing lol

baracki96
February 28th, 2007, 23:00
Nice. I already beat it using my psp (GPSP) but will be happy to buy it again as long as they add/update the game. No i'm not a pirate, I own the GBA SP version, I just don't have a GBA ( sold it during christmas season on ebay for 100 bucks:)

benn
February 28th, 2007, 23:14
just play the original (and best) on the PSX emu - DAX

Basil Zero
March 1st, 2007, 02:03
just play the original (and best) on the PSX emu - DAX

wouldnt the remake be considered better, enhanced graphics, additional features, along with the originality the first one had?

Veskgar
March 1st, 2007, 03:01
Nice. I already beat it using my psp (GPSP) but will be happy to buy it again as long as they add/update the game. No i'm not a pirate, I own the GBA SP version, I just don't have a GBA ( sold it during christmas season on ebay for 100 bucks:)
This is an entirely different game than the one you speak of. You are referring to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. That is a totally different game than the original FF Tactics on the PS1.

wouldnt the remake be considered better, enhanced graphics, additional features, along with the originality the first one had?

Yup, I very much enjoy this sort of remake. And this sounds like it could be one of the best remakes in the history of remakes considering how legendary FF Tactics is. If they add new jobs, characters, items, etc. along with the FMV and other goodies, this could be amazing.

And the visuals will probably get an upgrade also. Can't wait!!! There is so much depth to this game that even those who played the heck out of the original could probably play this new version when it is released and not even think twice about it.