PDA

View Full Version : Please help any DCemu psp pro's !

johnny11358
March 1st, 2007, 01:59
God dang ! I was just a beginer at flashing my psp and i thought it was easy and yeah it got bricked...this is how it happened i first got the new black Icons and the wave intro and then when i injected it inside the psp it got bricked is there any way to fix it?

Cloudhunter
March 1st, 2007, 02:17
You recover in recovery mode...

Cloudy

acn010
March 1st, 2007, 02:22
use the OE update folder (the folder that does not have the %) and rename it RECOVERY, then put it in the GAME folder, use the recovery to run it, it would tthe run thingy on the menu

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 02:40
Go here www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967 follow the instructions and this will get you sorted.

acn010
March 1st, 2007, 02:41
Go here www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967 follow the instructions and this will get you sorted.

that doesnt work for me for some reason:o

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 09:32
that doesnt work for me for some reason:o

What the link or the recovery pack does not work

Loki120
March 1st, 2007, 11:21
You INJECTED your psp? With a needle or a program?:D What program? Did you use the recovery menu to access Flash0? Where did you put the files? Partial brick or full brick?What does the 'brick' do? What firmware are you running, and what is your favourite colour?

Explain your problem better, get better help.:thumbup:

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 14:27
OK lets take it from the top
1. what version firmware are you on.
2. what where you doing when it bricked
3. have you tried recovery from recovery menu if on cudtom firmware.

"brick" means your psp is an expensive paperweight unless you are on custom firmware in which case you can recover it.

rolo_wwe
March 1st, 2007, 19:26
I recovered a brick once by tellin the jerks at $ony that their firmware update made my PSP stop working and getting them to send me a refurbished one for free LMAO

S34MU5
March 1st, 2007, 22:39
just to check,

What version are you on?

Anger
March 1st, 2007, 22:57
as these guys have mentioned we need the version you were using to find the problem.
soooo if your on 1.5 and not using custom firmware mod then your screwed - sorry. if your using any version that has recovery then read the instructions that came with the custom firmware/mod.

johnny11358
March 1st, 2007, 23:24
OK lets take it from the top
1. what version firmware are you on.
2. what where you doing when it bricked
3. have you tried recovery from recovery menu if on cudtom firmware.

"brick" means your psp is an expensive paperweight unless you are on custom firmware in which case you can recover it.

SORRY FOR LATE RESPONSE GUYS!!!(i go to school and i come back at 6:20 because of after school) >< 1.I am currently on the Firmware 3.10 OE-A'

2.I was flashing my psp with the new johnny5 flash beta1

3.nope i have not tried it please help me with that tahnks DCEmu community! you guys rock when it comes to systems! =) well respond back when you have the time thank you thank you

acn010
March 1st, 2007, 23:32
follow my instruccion:
use the OE update folder (the folder that does not have the %) and rename it RECOVERY, then put it in the GAME folder, use the recovery to run it, it would run the thingy on the menu

hodgy47
March 1st, 2007, 23:44
Have sent you a PM to try and help

johnny11358
March 2nd, 2007, 00:43
thanks a bunch guys!!! now to find my psp that i threw =/ lols i was angry -.- well not anymore ! =) hope it didnt brake though..lols thanks guys!

Anger
March 2nd, 2007, 01:05
:s well if you didnt break it you should be able to get it back up and running. it really depends what you were trying to flash - all you need is get into recovery mode and turn on flash0 usb mode and re-flash the original file you were trying to flash in the first place.

jak66
March 2nd, 2007, 12:25
:s well if you didnt break it you should be able to get it back up and running. it really depends what you were trying to flash - all you need is get into recovery mode and turn on flash0 usb mode and re-flash the original file you were trying to flash in the first place.

when you consider what he has said so far (In first post he said he was flashing custom icons and waves, later says hes on 3.10 oe), the most likely cause is that he flashed a custom topmenu, which (as many people have found out the hard way, myself inclued) doesn't yet work on 3.10+

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2007, 12:43
I think he did I spent some time on aim with him last night talking him through recovery as he new to all this and got him working again and he has now gone to 3.03oe cos he wants to mod his psp. Brave kid though only just learnt how downgrade and upgrade and then has a go at flashing custom stuff.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
March 3rd, 2007, 15:59
you dont always have to recover if you have a brick....just replace the needed files through the usb

Anger
March 3rd, 2007, 20:36
thats what i was trying to say.

hodgy47
March 4th, 2007, 01:47
He had used jonny5 to flash a few things he could'nt give me any exact details of what he had done so revovery was the easiest option