PDA

View Full Version : PSP makes a comeback

wraggster
March 1st, 2007, 16:24
via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159052)

In a surprising turn of events, the PSP has beaten off the Wii and PS3, selling more than both consoles in Japan last week.

The latest weekly sales figures for Japan reveal that Sony's portable placed second in the hardware sales chart for the week ending 25 February, with unit sales of 96,750.

This falls short only of the still storming DS, which sold 146,250 units according to figures on vgcharts.org.

However the PSP beat even the might DS in the software sales chart in the same period, selling 808,750 games compared with 618,250 for the DS.

The surge could be put down to the recent release of Capcom's Monster Hunter Freedom 2, a co-op-enabled monster catching/battling game, which topped the software charts with a colossal 755,500 copies sold. Second down was Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri, with 90,500 sales.

Could this be the start of the revival of PSP?

krobinso
March 1st, 2007, 16:41
"the PSP has beaten off"

LOL!

Balthasar00
March 1st, 2007, 17:00
I hope so !

more rpgs
more rpgs
more rpgs!!!

Arimasen
March 1st, 2007, 17:21
the PSP has beaten off the Wii

If Wii penis jokes were still funny, this might've been the best.
Also, a surge in PSP sales because DJMAX Portable 2 is coming out, DUH.

TrowaX
March 1st, 2007, 17:36
This is great for the psp system. hope more great games jump on board for the psp . I would like to see my favorite PS2 game Street Fighter 3rd Strike it would be ported perfectly over to the psp. GOOD JOB CAPCOM KEEP THE GOOD GAME COMING. :D

MZeroEW2
March 1st, 2007, 17:55
Monster Hunter Freedom is a Fantasic game me and my friends play it all the time. All ready 135+ hours into the game we still gave a long way to go. my friend is 173+ hours and my bro is 123+ hours. I can't wait for Monster Hunter Freedom 2 this fall

eLAy12
March 1st, 2007, 17:59
I got tricked. I read the title and thought that sony was gonna release a PSP2 and i got all excited cuz i just lost my psp and was gonna buy a new one. Oh well..good news is still good news and this is good news for the psp.

danmiracle
March 1st, 2007, 18:00
This is great for the psp system. hope more great games jump on board for the psp . I would like to see my favorite PS2 game Street Fighter 3rd Strike it would be ported perfectly over to the psp. GOOD JOB CAPCOM KEEP THE GOOD GAME COMING. :D
Street Fighter 3 would be awesome on it!

That and a Virtua Fighter game would make me buy a PSP for them alone!

I already have a DS and was initially planning to get a GP2X in the future (as I used to have a GP32 and follow that scene) but now there are so many good emulators for the PSP, I'm thinking I should get one of them instead...

...I just wish they were a bit cheaper!

danmiracle
March 1st, 2007, 18:02
cuz i just lost my psp
lost?! :eek:

damn man, that's harsh :(

JKKDARK
March 1st, 2007, 18:07
I believe it's because Sega will not support PSP as the same level as the DS :p

Basil Zero
March 1st, 2007, 18:47

dont expect a Virtua Fighter game on DS unless you want that sucky quest one , because the psp has more of a chance of having VF game on it because of its graphical properties:thumbup:

Man, i told you few months ago, that 2007 will be a good year for psp, and it will get better now that more good games are coming out

for example, FFTactics is coming out in may i heard.:thumbup:

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2007, 18:48
I hope so !

more rpgs
more rpgs
more rpgs!!!

No. You're wrong,you should say: "More good rpg's. More good rpg's..." Because they are a lot of RPG's for PSP. They just suck. That's all. We need more RPG's and more innovative games. I think a little change on the control system will help a little. And companies should work on more different titles. They're focused on just 1 title or 2. PSP it's almost on it's 3rd year and we have games on their 3rd part[or so] already. What the hell? 3 Games on 3 years? You should spare the time with another title and make the story of a game and plan it better. I don't know... I think it's just me.

iceman100
March 1st, 2007, 19:15
lol one game does good and all of a sudden it'sa come back, so what will it be like next week when that game is gone?

IndianCheese
March 1st, 2007, 20:59
Krobinso stole my joke...

JKKDARK
March 1st, 2007, 21:08
for example, FFTactics is coming out in may i heard.:thumbup:

and DS ;)

tyranos
March 1st, 2007, 21:23
i think the psp needs some more infrastracture games ,
i wanna play without the need of kai

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 1st, 2007, 21:44
revenge?

Dickhead
March 1st, 2007, 22:32
Well I think what has happened is that we are getting too many games that are too much the same and not many new type/style of games are being released. I think the best time is when we had many arcade games on a system. I think that if We had more 3D arcade stlye games released then that will be good. Also I love games like Sim city etc. But we do need a very good orginal FPS on the PSP right now as most of the FPS on the PSP are pants.
Also I think sony should release more applications for the PSP like VOIP Skype or How about a full blown word processor or Spreadsheet with a IR/USB keyboard? Wheres the Camera Add on for the UK??? etc

jerrt
March 2nd, 2007, 02:45
might have had something to do with it? come on that game sold 93% of the software for the psp when comparing the numbers on the software sales. Don't get me wrong i'm just glad it is happening. [:

Makaveli777
March 2nd, 2007, 03:17
It was never dead though......

danmiracle
March 2nd, 2007, 09:13
SEGA NEED to bring a Virtua Fighter game to the PSP and a Jet Set Radio game to the DS (with touch screen to graffiti) IMO

T-2000
March 2nd, 2007, 09:17
I got tricked. I read the title and thought that sony was gonna release a PSP2 and i got all excited cuz i just lost my psp and was gonna buy a new one. Oh well..good news is still good news and this is good news for the psp.

How do you "lose" a PSP ? :)

Tetris999
March 2nd, 2007, 12:11
now my psp is great for homebrew AND games :D

ive hit the jackpot :p

eLAy12
March 2nd, 2007, 23:05
I Let my Girlfriend use it for the ride home as i drove. I didn't think about it till the next day. Then when i went to look for it it was nowhere to be found. I don't blame her and i'm not that bummed because she is the one that bought it for me. I guess now i can get a silver one.