PDA

View Full Version : Scissor Sisters does Halo Wars track

wraggster
March 1st, 2007, 16:36
Scissor Sisters has launched the Xbox Soundtracks programme, which looks for artists inspired by gaming to create their own 360 trailer music and remixes.

The group launched the programme with a reworking of their track "She's My Man", which bizarrely was inspired by the X06 trailer for Ensemble RTS Halo Wars.

The remix apparently features "dirty beats and distorted vocals" inspired by the "epic graphics and vision" behind the trailer, though somehow we can't see it featuring on the final soundtrack, unless the convenient goes a bit camp.

"It's such a cool project to be involved in. Babydaddy and I are massive gamers so it was a great experience reworking our mix to the Halo Wars game," said Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters.

"I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the other tracks people create. The games on the Xbox 360 are so intense and emotional, that they can be just as inspiring as sitting down and watching a movie."

There's also a competition for wannabe artists to create their own tunes to a range of 360 trailers. When the contest goes live in May aspiring musicians will be able to upload their track and video on to the Xbox Soundtracks site where anyone can view and rate their efforts, and hopefully win them a trip to lay down the track for real with Universal Music.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159077)