PDA

View Full Version : Glu Mobile signs up for new N-Gage platform

wraggster
March 1st, 2007, 18:30
Glu Mobile has become one of the first mobile publisher's to publicly support Nokia's new N-Gage platform.

The successor to Nokia's N-Gage will be officially unveiled at GDC next week, with a platform release expected towards the end of 2007.

"Glu Mobile is one of the driving forces in the mobile gaming industry and we're excited to be working with them to bring premium mobile game experiences to our N-Gage platform," said Gregg Sauter, director of games publishing for Nokia.

"Glu's reputation and experience in creating compelling mobile games makes them a natural fit for the N-Gage platform."

The first title due from Glu on the new format will be World Series of Poker: Texas Hold 'Em, which will allow players to take on up to eight mobile players at a time.

"We're excited to be part of Nokia's mobile gaming efforts, and are impressed with the offering that Nokia has brought together with its new N-Gage Platform," said Kristian Segerstråle, MD of EMEA at Glu Mobile.

"The combination of Nokia’s hardware and mobile platform vision and expertise along with Glu's top-rated, quality mobile games will deliver consumers a truly unique, immersive entertainment experience."

via gibiz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23182)

VampDude
March 4th, 2007, 17:43
Glu Mobile is one of the leading game publishers/developers in the Mobile Phone gaming scene (which to me is a relatively small scene), with the titles I have seen and played over the past few years from Glu I think that what they make for the new N-Gage will keep the new N-Gage going a bit longer than the previous N-Gage...

...I can't wait to see if the new N-Gage is as good as it is hyped up to be - thou not too much is known about the device, I am hoping that it will put other handheld gaming consoles (even thou it's a phone) to shame!