PDA

View Full Version : English gamers the evilest of all

wraggster
March 1st, 2007, 18:40
via gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=20070301151234687082&releaseId=20060613122550718074)

Gamers from England have the most capacity for evil of all the world's videogame enthusiasts, according to Lionhead's Peter Molyneux, quoting statistics from a study of people who played his Xbox RPG, Fable.

The research also showed that most American gamers found it difficult to make evil choices during the game's freeform adventure, with roughly 90% of gamers in the US roleplaying as good characters.

"There was a disappointing number of people that tended towards good," Molyneux told US mag GamePro, "but it is also very interesting that the percentage of good players versus evil players varies very strongly by nationality".

For example, "the English are probably the most evil of all," but Molyneux reckons that 70% of the Americans researched played good characters, while 20% "didn't have the moral fibre to keep going down the evil path" and eventually turned to good.

Molyneux also revealed that in Fable 2 the divide between good and evil will be far bigger than before, explaining that gamers who wish to be either pure good or pure evil will be forced to make some sacrifices - and not just the bloody kind.

Although Molyneux has focused so hard on evil actions that, during a recent meeting at Lionhead, one staffer exploded that he would "never play a game" that had all the nasty things in it that Molyneux had suggested. We would, mind.

Shadowblind
March 1st, 2007, 18:42
So far I've never played the game as the evil version. Only as pure good. Its just the whole killing an innocent bystander thing...even virtually it feels wrong...

Basil Zero
March 2nd, 2007, 00:17
i've played it....if u consider GTA to be that type of game

Tetris999
March 2nd, 2007, 12:09
So far I've never played the game as the evil version. Only as pure good. Its just the whole killing an innocent bystander thing...even virtually it feels wrong...

I agree with that

chrono75
March 3rd, 2007, 02:10
I might have to agree with this. They're always the ones that start the fights when playing online. Funny how they resort back to the good 'ol "Go eat your hamburgers and chips stupid American!!" Ha.

slappy1
March 3rd, 2007, 16:30
I might have to agree with this. They're always the ones that start the fights when playing online. Funny how they resort back to the good 'ol "Go eat your hamburgers and chips stupid American!!" Ha.

Hamburgers Kick Ass. Rally's, a hamburger chain, has this mascot called Rap Cat. This is some of the funniest shit I've seen, now doubt. Check Out the Rap Cat web site here www.rap-cat.com (http://www.rap-cat.com). Hilarious Stuff.

BrooksyX
March 3rd, 2007, 16:40
One time I owned this british kid on Gears Of War and he said, "Go eat some McDonalds ya bloody yank". Everyone on my team started laughing and left him bad feedback.

Anyways, I live in the U.S. and I always try to be good on games like Fable and Oblivion. Usually if I do something bad I load a save right before I did it ( I save a lot in RPGs).

nathan1974au
March 5th, 2007, 21:24
i love the evil im a bad mother f'er and aussy one lol