PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Sony's PlayStation Home to be Achievements + Miis

wraggster
March 1st, 2007, 21:16
via gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/rumor-sonys-playstation-home-to-be-achievements--miis-240824.php)

Hoping to take great ideas from the both the Xbox 360 and the Wii, Sony's planning to introduce a new PS3 feature called PlayStation Home. This new app/feature is rumored to be a blend of Microsoft's achievements and Nintendo's Miis. How does it work?

Well, the PlayStation Home is a little virtual home in which the avatar you make (your Pii?) will live. When you complete a game, it'll award you with a little trophy or toy to place in your home that your avatar can interact with. Not only that, they're planning to make your avatar social—like MySpace—and have it interact with other people's avatars.

All of this is rumored still, but Sony seems to be doing something big next week at GDC. We're willing to bet that this is it.

Shrygue
March 1st, 2007, 21:19
This sounds interesting to hear, I wonder if this rumour will become true...

Tree
March 1st, 2007, 21:47
i think this would be well cool ... would u like get a toy that suits the game u completed ... nd they add them on updates?

TuRDMaN
March 1st, 2007, 21:58
Wow, a part of me hopes they don't implement that, because then I'll really be tempted to keep up to date with the latest firmware >.>

F9zDark
March 2nd, 2007, 00:20
That is an amazing idea. I wonder if they'll allow you to upgrade your house for a small fee, sorta like IMVU.