PDA

View Full Version : Help needed is this true

shrob
March 3rd, 2007, 18:31
I was looking for travel bags for nintendo ds as I am going on holiday in May and want to take it with me.On a website I came across it says xray machines can damage the nds. Is this true? anybody had problems at airport taking nds in hand luggage?
http://www.ehow.com/how_2015020_travel-nintendo-dslite.html
Here is the link to what I read.
Thanks for any comment Shrob.

weirdelf
March 3rd, 2007, 18:36
I have taken my ds on a plane before and it hasn't been damaged at all

VampDude
March 3rd, 2007, 18:42
It can probably only damage the DS if it is'nt in i.e: a protective case, or between stuff within your luggage...

...I've never had problems with X-ray machines, people say they damage CD's and other stuff but none of the stuff mentioned to me (that I own) have ever been damaged - supposedly the X-ray machines wipe External Hard Drives, I took mine with me one time and it was unaffected (same as my CD's and other items were'nt affected)

shrob
March 3rd, 2007, 18:43
Thanks for the quick reply I would really hate to have to have left it at home.

acn010
March 3rd, 2007, 18:44
why put on luggage if you can carry it on the pocket, i always travel with my psp in the pocket and they dont say shit about it....
it seems that it will damage oon the xray thingy.
i recomend you to put the DS in your pocket and the games,etc in the hand bag luggage.....

VampDude
March 3rd, 2007, 19:11
why put on luggage if you can carry it on the pocket, i always travel with my psp in the pocket and they dont say shit about it....
it seems that it will damage oon the xray thingy.
i recomend you to put the DS in your pocket and the games,etc in the hand bag luggage.....

What about when you go through the Metal Detectors at the airport, I'm always told to put my metal objects through the scanner (X-ray) when the metal detector goes off

acn010
March 3rd, 2007, 19:16
they never did to me, lol