PDA

View Full Version : SD Media Launcher(1 Gig) For Nintendo Wii/GameCube Released

wraggster
March 4th, 2007, 10:00
Datel have finally released to retail the SD Media Launcher(1 Gig) For Nintendo Wii/GameCube. This Homebrew launcher for Wii lets you play all the latest Gamecube Homebrew on the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube including many emulators and Honebrew games and apps, all available here at Wii News (http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk) and Gamecube Emulation (http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk).

Heres the press info:

http://us.codejunkies.com/images/article_images/images/WiiGC_SDmedialauncher.jpg

There's a wealth of really excellent home brew material out there for the GameCube, but how do you get it to run on your happening console? Our GameCube/Wii SD Media Launcher has the answer...

With GameCube/Wii SD Media Launcher, you can run all your home brew Cube software on an unmodified GameCube, or on a Nintendo Wii in GameCube Mode. All you need to do is download the program of your choice from one of the many web pages dedicated to amateur programming on the Cube (Google for 'GameCube home brew' to find dozens of sites). Drag and drop it onto the 1GB SD card supplied with the Media Launcher, then plug it into your Wii or GameCube. Launch the application CD on your console and the home brew program is run from there. Easy!

Everything you need is in the box. The pack includes a software CD, 1GB high-speed SD card, a USB SD card adapter and an SD media adapter to fit in your Cube's memory card slot.

Heres a Screen of the bits you get:

http://us.codejunkies.com/images/article_images/images/SD_Launcher_Items.jpg

This is a great all in one solution for Homebrew on the Gamecube and Wii (excellent work Datel)

Buy from Divineo UK (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=ds-dsdml) for £24.95 which is way cheaper than buying all the parts needed seperately.

Fijut
March 4th, 2007, 12:52
is it possible to play GAMECUBE EMULATORS ON THE GAMECUBE!?

if it IS, what emulator is?

also i can't start new threads as i am not receiving a verification email...

also i want to play a gamecube emulator on the actual gamecube using the old sd card and gecko and action replay way...

Destroyer699
March 4th, 2007, 16:14
Is that a picture of a DS game at the bottom? The description doesn't say anything about having one of those.

SmashinGit
March 4th, 2007, 16:27
This is what I use to run homebrew on my Wii, very user friendly to use.

MadBob
March 4th, 2007, 18:12
Just ordered one, now all I have to do is find out what Emus or GC Homebrew I can run, when I google for "Gamecube Homebrew" I get links to lots of sites advertising this product :)

Please note this is NOT a request for ROMs I don't need them, all I want is pointing at GC Homebrew and Emu sites.

Or advice about what Emus are running well.

Hey just a thought are there any SCUMM Emus for GC?

Fijut
March 4th, 2007, 19:03
are there any GAMECUBE EMULATORS FOR GAMECUBE!?

discolored
March 5th, 2007, 08:41
I'm planning on getting SD Media Launcher, so in the tutorial when it says to drag and drop the home brew, the SNES9X emu is an example? And is it the same with ROMs? Do I just drag and drop SNES ROMs onto the SD card and they'll automatically appear in some list on the SNES9X menu? And is this only compatible with the GameCube controller on the Wii or can it be played with the Wiimote/Nunchuk? Answers to these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Fijut
March 5th, 2007, 13:57
an answer to my question would be nice too, please.

discolored
March 6th, 2007, 03:46
are there any GAMECUBE EMULATORS FOR GAMECUBE!?

Yes. The SD Launcher is merely intended to emulate in the GameCube mode on the Wii.

Fijut
March 6th, 2007, 15:44
so i can download and play free gamecube games o my gamecube? as in isos and backups?

retman_wii
March 6th, 2007, 17:24
so i can download and play free gamecube games o my gamecube? as in isos and backups?

answers - 1:No, backups and ISOS do not work.

I'm planning on getting SD Media Launcher, so in the tutorial when it says to drag and drop the home brew, the SNES9X emu is an example? And is it the same with ROMs? Do I just drag and drop SNES ROMs onto the SD card and they'll automatically appear in some list on the SNES9X menu? And is this only compatible with the GameCube controller on the Wii or can it be played with the Wiimote/Nunchuk? Answers to these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

answers - 1:Yes, 2:Yes, 3:Yes, 4: Dunno.

is it possible to play GAMECUBE EMULATORS ON THE GAMECUBE!?

if it IS, what emulator is?

also i can't start new threads as i am not receiving a verification email...

also i want to play a gamecube emulator on the actual gamecube using the old sd card and gecko and action replay way...

answers - 1:Maybe, 2:what?

Is that a picture of a DS game at the bottom? The description doesn't say anything about having one of those.

Yes it is a DS game but i don't know why there is a DS game in the picture, i can tell you that there is no DS game with it.

ICE
March 6th, 2007, 17:36
what kind of media can it play? does anyone know what form of video/music it supports (ie. mp3, wma, mpeg..)??

Fijut
March 6th, 2007, 21:09
ah i meant " is it possible to play gamecube emulatorso n the cube" which you have asnwered, thanks, and " if there is an emulator, where is it?"

retman_wii
March 7th, 2007, 15:53
what kind of media can it play?

It play homebrew, mp3, movies etc...

ah i meant " is it possible to play gamecube emulatorso n the cube" which you have asnwered, thanks, and " if there is an emulator, where is it?"

If there a emulator try looking on google

ICE
March 7th, 2007, 16:22
no there is no gamecube emu for the gamecube! also i meant what formats of media does it support.

retman_wii
March 8th, 2007, 18:55
no there is no gamecube emu for the gamecube! also i meant what formats of media does it support.

Yes there is a GC emu you idiot.

MadBob
March 8th, 2007, 19:48
What he means is that there is no CG Emulator that runs on the Wii or GC. there are SNES NES Megadrive etc Emulators that run on the CG/Wii.

But not actual GC emulators, the GC runs in Hardware mode. why on earth would you need to emulate the GC on the GC (you're looking like the idiot) :D :p

kcajblue
March 9th, 2007, 00:24
so i can download and play free gamecube games o my gamecube? as in isos and backups?no rom/iso talk.

Fijut
March 9th, 2007, 15:51
:(

CalcProgrammer1
August 22nd, 2007, 06:16
I just ordered an SD Media Launcher 1GB and an Action Replay Gamecube :)

I know they're no longer compatible with the Wii :(, but I wanted the SD loader to use on my real GameCube console anyways, and using the AR on the Cube won't be an issue either.

flipflop100
January 16th, 2008, 21:18
- UPDATE ON NEW UPDATED SD MEDIA LAUCHER CD -

email codejunkies now at: [email protected]

tell them you purchased the SDML and its not working now because of the wii firmware update.

they will reply asking for proof etc and will send you a replacement cd.

hope everone finds this helpful.

ED13
January 22nd, 2008, 01:14
I got my SD Media Launcher for my GC yesterday, and the card reader that came with it is for a smaller SD card :( ,so now i gotta go and buy a card reader. :(