PDA

View Full Version : My laptop is screwed up

gdf
March 4th, 2007, 13:18
help, it's the only computer in our house and i need it for essays and my mum needs it for reports for her class. the screen occasionally goes black and the pc stops responding, it is still on but sometimes it flickers back like a fuzzy tv picture. other times it is fine and nothing is wrong. the battery also loses power when turned off and it's almost always plugged in. ELP!:eek:

Napalm-Death
March 4th, 2007, 15:12
I dunno about the screen problems, but as for the battery problem, it might be because it's always plugged in. Same bs happened with my dell laptop. :(

acn010
March 4th, 2007, 15:14
i hate dell computers, always buggy and corrupts the system itself...
i cant help you, sorry man

scottyboynow
March 5th, 2007, 08:24
Hmm.. My diagnostics would need answers
1. Is it a Dell (model?)
2. How old is it (any previous owners etc)
3. How much do you use it.

steve-b
March 5th, 2007, 10:44
you should try cycling the battery.
1. charge up
2. unplug from mains, run flat
3. repeat a whole bunch of times

This may increase how much charge the battery holds.

As for the screen, does it still flicker if it is plugged into an external monitor?

Perhaps there is a dodgy connection between the laptop screen and the rest of the laptop.

gdf
March 5th, 2007, 11:17
it's not a dell. it's 2 years old, no previous owners. the power socket is screwed and the plug keeps falling out. i don't have it on all the time, usually it gets used 1-3 hours a day.

jonezybaby
March 5th, 2007, 12:10
the batterys dies as the guy said above, u need to recycle the battery, lets run dead and charge up etc.

as for the screen i had a similar problem, were the screen is opened and close the wires work loose sumtimes, at the bottom of the screen sould usually be sum clips and if u take thos off u can get to the wires and check weather they are loose or not.

gdf
March 5th, 2007, 13:44
cheers i'll take a look. it's just gay, it blacked out when i was on here the other day...