PDA

View Full Version : SCEP v1.0 beta2 (custom firmware plugin)

wraggster
March 4th, 2007, 21:24
poisonhzkj has released a new version of his Custom Firmware plugin for the PSP:

The R.P.G group have release a new plugin for OE system, and I am lucky to have a access for the test, although currently this release is not perfect yet, but it is almost 90% done I think.... it certain cases the system will crash after screen capture, but according to R.P.G group, bug will be fixed soon.

I am the author of SCEP...Thanks to all intrested in this plugin...I think I should explain something here...Now the beta edition has a huge bug of using RAM...It must take up 480X272 u32 to store the original screen when you press Select to get the main panel out...you know 480X272X4 bytes is a big block of Ram... in v1.0t I use sceKernelCreateHeap()... it freez about 20% and 100% in Video and web browser...in v1.0b1 I just take up the Ram after 0x8400000+1*1024*1024 ...and it can be used in Video but still not Web browser... because the browser use the area of ram..Anyway..it just a TEST purpose version... and I use 310OEA2 to test it. so...if u r intrested in it ... Just waiting for a stable release And There will be a version that integrate it in firmware to make the password more useful..

Some idea about deal with the Ram? Contact me hbpoison#gmail.com Thanks!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xg917
March 4th, 2007, 21:29
um i didnt get it.. what is this plug in really supposed to do?

HomerSp
March 4th, 2007, 21:43
um i didnt get it.. what is this plug in really supposed to do?

Same here :confused:

stimo
March 4th, 2007, 21:59
http://pj1115host.googlepages.com/2004039123788221252_rs.jpg

http://pj1115host.googlepages.com/2003961219570025502_rs.jpg

IM back!
March 4th, 2007, 23:04
maby it wold be good if you simply unlode most of the plugin when you open the webbrowser and relode it on exit

Airdevil
March 4th, 2007, 23:17
i really like this plugin.... it does everything i want it too basically... and it gives me a nice looking interface to go with it. Perfect all around for me.

thanks, cant wait for the proper release!

Buddy4point0
March 4th, 2007, 23:20
i really dont get what this is?
is it like recovery mode?

Cloudhunter
March 5th, 2007, 00:00
Basically, it allows you to access some recovery mode features in the XMB :)

Cloudy

Buddy4point0
March 5th, 2007, 00:02
thanks i had no clue what it was when i just read the article but the screen shots lead me to belive that

Anger
March 5th, 2007, 01:05
i think hes a great guy for letting you post it here - qj were asked to and have had it removed.
i also think its very cool that hes basically allowing us all to beta test it and get the bugs worked out much faster.

DarthPaul
March 5th, 2007, 01:19
This is the best plugin ever. I really love this. I have this since...2 days ago.It was out but it wasn't posted because it was a beta version. It stills a beta but it's more stable now. It's really awesome.

grit
March 5th, 2007, 02:59
i think hes a great guy for letting you post it here - qj were asked to and have had it removed.
i also think its very cool that hes basically allowing us all to beta test it and get the bugs worked out much faster.

Hum... Did he allow that it to be posted here?
The quote above is from maxconsole...

qj did respect his wishes after all:

UPDATE: Putting the wishes of the developers first before anything else, we have removed the download link and the download itself because the author doesn't want it to be hosted elsewhere. However, if you're still interested with this application, you could go ahead and check out the link below. Bear in mind that there's a registration instruction in the forum thread and that there's a new version of SCEP - the version1 beta2 0305 edition.

We here at the QJ halls would want to apologize for hosting the download to dl.qj. Trust us when we say that a snafu like this would never happen again.

If he allowed it here I apologize, but as it happened before here(not to respect devs wishes) with the latest versions of NJ's emulators... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Anyway, Ithink he just wanna that people gets allways the latest version, and he is updating it almost everyday.
The lastest version is pretty stable, I would say ready for public beta..

One of the best plugins ever. This one replaces a couple of plugins, and it's all I need (along with popsloader :))

DarthPaul
March 5th, 2007, 07:33
Oh god I love this! The menu is so well done. It looks like it came together with the PSP. Like it's the real Sony menu. The guy made a fantastic job here.

Is there a way to change the settings of this? So I can load this with another button from the vsh instead of the "Select" button. Because I use this button very much on the XMB,when I'm listening to Music.

Anger
March 5th, 2007, 19:47
i believe wrag would removed it if the dev wished it to be removed as qj did (i didnt know if he asked for it to be removed or whther they did it by themselves). either way i do agree - it is stable enough now for a public release but its not my call - its the devs choice.

emcp
March 5th, 2007, 19:52
when i press select nothing happens

ALSO is there a readme for this

thanks

(what should i stick in the vsh.txt file should i include vshanalog an scep or does scep activate vshanalog

Shrygue
March 5th, 2007, 20:09
I haven't noticed this before, I'll download and try this plugin out.

Gold Line
March 5th, 2007, 20:33
this is the best ever now i control my xmb with my analog stick

emcp
March 5th, 2007, 20:40
this is the best ever now i control my xmb with my analog stick

yeah its called vshanalog its quite old (and i dont see the point i think the D-pad is better anyway how did you get the scep plugin working

Gold Line
March 5th, 2007, 20:44
yeah its called vshanalog its quite old (and i dont see the point i think the D-pad is better anyway how did you get the scep plugin working

put the seplugins folder on the root of your mem stick
then put this file in the seplugins folder
turn it on at the recovery menu
then press select in the xmb

emcp
March 5th, 2007, 21:25
put the seplugins folder on the root of your mem stick
then put this file in the seplugins folder
turn it on at the recovery menu
then press select in the xmb

that doent work thanks anyway

i knew how to use prx but that one doesnt seem to work must be because im using 3.03OE-C and it has only been tested with 3.03OE-A 2

but dont ask me to upgrade because when if upgrade i cant use the cheat device for vcs

il have one more look around recov and make sure plain modules and all is activated

thanks anyway

Gold Line
March 5th, 2007, 21:41
no iam on 3.03 OE-C and it works just fine