PDA

View Full Version : a marble and my foot

xuphorz
March 5th, 2007, 01:16
at about 2 in the afternoon today (it is now 8pm), my dad asked me and my brother to take apart a shed in our backyard for "more room" according to my dad. while we were taking it apart (it's cheap plastic, easy to take apart), i noticed that there were some rather large marble blocks in the shed. they were in our way, so my and my brother started moving them out of the shed to the side of our house. the first 4 went fine, but the 5th one slipped out of my hand as i was carrying it. it landed right on my right foot, and literally crushed in my foot about 2 inches. when my brother relized what happened, he called 911 and got a ambulance here. i arrived at the hospital, and they did all their tests and everything. i am now in my hospital room with 11 broken bones in my right foot, and have alot of blood missing. my borther brought his laptop up here and i connected to a wireless network they have in here. right now, it hurts alot even with pain reliever through a IV. i am expected to be able to go back home either late tommorow or the next day, of course with a wheelchair at first, then eventually cruches. anyone else have a similar experience, or some advise for this type of thing? this message is going to all forums where i feel i have friends, and of course i'm telling all my real life friends too.

JKKDARK
March 5th, 2007, 01:21
Well good luck, Xuphor. And do you think I'm your friend? That's just nice :p
I'm posting it on Schthack for the friends :p

EDIT: Nevermind, too late :/

xuphorz
March 5th, 2007, 01:25
Well good luck, Xuphor. And do you think I'm your friend? That's just nice :p
I'm posting it on Schthack for the friends :p

EDIT: Nevermind, too late :/

yea i already did. :D
didn't know you were on these forums tho

joshisposer
March 5th, 2007, 01:30
MJ will help ease the pain for you

kcajblue
March 5th, 2007, 01:32
that really sucks.
get better. :D

Tetris999
March 5th, 2007, 03:47
at about 2 in the afternoon today (it is now 8pm), my dad asked me and my brother to take apart a shed in our backyard for "more room" according to my dad. while we were taking it apart (it's cheap plastic, easy to take apart), i noticed that there were some rather large marble blocks in the shed. they were in our way, so my and my brother started moving them out of the shed to the side of our house. the first 4 went fine, but the 5th one slipped out of my hand as i was carrying it. it landed right on my right foot, and literally crushed in my foot about 2 inches. when my brother relized what happened, he called 911 and got a ambulance here. i arrived at the hospital, and they did all their tests and everything. i am now in my hospital room with 11 broken bones in my right foot, and have alot of blood missing. my borther brought his laptop up here and i connected to a wireless network they have in here. right now, it hurts alot even with pain reliever through a IV. i am expected to be able to go back home either late tommorow or the next day, of course with a wheelchair at first, then eventually cruches. anyone else have a similar experience, or some advise for this type of thing? this message is going to all forums where i feel i have friends, and of course i'm telling all my real life friends too.

i dont think i had it worse than you but the same thing happened to me

i was climbing across my back shelf (a huge row of shelfs that have various stuff on them, but the car was blocking the way so i couldnt just walk up to them and get what i needed) anyway, i was clmibing across them to get some chunky soup man (i was hungry) anyway as soon i got it i was so desperately wanted to eat it, so i got careless i started climbing a lot faster than i was doing before and disaster struck uggggh....

i slipped and fell onto my back then head (lucky!) and groaned in pain

that wasnt the bad part.....

there was a huge box load of weghts for our weight training machine, and they were on the middle shelf

i knocked it a little and i saw the box tipping over and it was pointed straight at my head, damn.... i knew i had to act fast or my skull was going to get cracked open, i flipped and then jumped onto my feet, damn i was stupid as i didnt predict my feet were still in the way of getting hit anyway, i tried to balance the box.... too late the box fell and it landed, on my damn right foot

OBVIOUSLY i screamed in pain, i tipped the fallen box off of my leg (it was heavy so it took even longer to get it off!) and i got ran out of the shelf room, i guess i went crazy i ran into the liviing room (foot still hurt!) and started jumping going "ooh aahh ohh!" and doing backflips, and rolling on the ground after 10 minutes of that my family came blah blah blah they asked how i was

obviously i wanted to see what happened to my foot , it had some massive bleeding under the skin but nothing was broken (lucky for me!) i couldnt walk for about three days (yeah sucks)

in conclusion an epic story of me damaging my foot! hoped you enjoyed it :p

anyway i know how it sucks to get your foot smashed but i hope you get better because i am :p

get better soon :D

hockey2112
March 5th, 2007, 20:10
I was sitting on my front porch swing, when the chain holding the side that I was on came out of its anchor (turns out it was screwed into plywood by the previous homeowner... not very secure at all).

My right foot happened to be tucked underneath the swing when it fell, slamming itself and my 200 lbs frame directly onto my right foot, pinning it against my concrete porch. It broke 3 or 4 bones in my foot (metatarsels... the first bones right after your toes meet your foot). I was on crutches for a couple of months or so, plus it was my right foot, so I could not drive anywhere. I still have problems with that foot... it will sometimes "lock up" on me, especially when descending stairs (which is not the best time in the world for something like that to occur.)