PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Warhawk goes download only

wraggster
March 5th, 2007, 16:06
The PlayStation 3 flight combat game Warhawk has been cut in size and will be released as a download through PlayStation Network.

Rumours hit the web in January saying that the game had hit troubled times but speaking to CVG, Sony said that they were "not aware of any problems" with Warhawk's development. We said that, "we'll report back once we get any futher updates", and here it is.

Developer Incognito Entertainment has confirmed reports via an IGN video. The game has had its single-player game cut, due to it not being as good as multiplayer apparently. Incognito has spent the last few months concentrating on the online experience. "Single-player just really wasn't up to par," said Warhawk director Dylan Jobe.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159239)

gimpyjr
March 5th, 2007, 21:35
This is the biggest bunch of horse shit I have ever heard. I have waited for over a year to buy PS3 and this game and now the dev team says there is no single player. WTF! Also it's gonna be download only! Again WTF. I don't want to wait for 16 hours to download an 8 gig game. All I can say is that I am dissapointed. I don't know about you but online is only a small piece of the pie for me. What kind of shitty excuse is " the single player wasn't up to par".
You have had since E3 of 05 to make this a decent game. The origonal warhawk had singleplayer it wasn't great but it wast terrible. I swear if I here about any other games going download only without single player I will be very pissed.

go buy an xbox 360 guys. They actually deliver the games they promise. :-) I love my PS3 for blu ray, that's it. Peace.

Raiten
March 6th, 2007, 00:20
Wasn't this already posted and proven to be nothing but a false rumor or does this one supersede the other?

devdj
March 6th, 2007, 01:00
rumor or not Sony has to be the most untrustworthy between Nintendo and Microsoft for not delivering there promises in the last couple of years.