PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Hax - Action Replay clone for the DS

wraggster
March 5th, 2007, 18:32
Chishm (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12622) has posted a sweet new app for the Nintendo DS, an Action Replay Clone :) that lets you cheat on Commercial games and even the codes used are the Action Replay Ones, excellent free clone for the Nintendo DS.

Spread the Word

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Action_Replay_clone_for_the_DS

Heres the details:

This is a homebrew Action Replay DS clone. The first release is version 0.1. It should be able to run any ARDS code, with one small exception. Since I wrote the cheat engine from scratch, any code that modifies the ARDS cheat engine won't work.

There are 3 added codes that don't exist on the ARDS:
C100000000 00000000 - this is the cheat list terminator. It is added to the end of the cheat list after it is loaded, so you don't need to worry about it.
C200000000 xxxxxxxx - relocates the cheat engine to xxxxxxxx.
C300000000 xxxxxxxx - changes the hook address to xxxxxxxx. The hook can be any address that is loaded then branched to. For example, you could hook the third word in:
Code:
ldr r0, . + 8
bx r0
.word 0x0200AC90

Codes are loaded from the file "/cheats.cht" on the root of your flash card. All libfat supported cards should work. All codes are loaded; this is version 0.1 after all. The codes should be in a format similar to:
Code:
Infinite Lives
220eca80 00000063
Infinite Mario Time
b20ecf40 00000000
10000008 0000001e
d2000000 00000000

The layout doesn't matter, the data values should be 8 nibbles long. Anything that isn't interpretable as hexadecimal is ignored.

If you find any codes that don't work, and don't rely on specific quirks of the ARDS, mention them here so that I can try to fix them.

Thanks go to:
kenobi - that AR code doc saved me heaps of time
Parasyte - thanks to you, hooking couldn't be simpler
bLAStY - provided the dumps I needed
cReDiAr - gave me the last missing piece required to boot a DS game
Everyone else who helped me along the way

Big thanks to Datel, for creating the original ARDS and the code DB to go with it.
Version 0.2 is now available. This version fixes an issue with type F codes and adds the ability to choose which cheat file(s) to load.

Download Both Versions and Give Feedback Via Comments

Spread the Word

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Action_Replay_clone_for_the_DS

jetkey885
March 5th, 2007, 20:49
sweet mother of god, thank you for coding this handy tool. hope this grows into what cwcheats did for the psp. my thanks go out to you the coder.

tomqman
March 5th, 2007, 21:29
works fine on my r4ds thanks :)

TeenDev
March 5th, 2007, 21:38
tizite I will try it l8r

kcajblue
March 5th, 2007, 23:44
this is awesome!
i hope there is going to be a lot more releases!

viper_001
March 10th, 2007, 05:30
Sorry in advance if this sounds like a noobish question... But, whenever I run it I get this message {Init FAT... failed} and it just freezes up. Is there something to the instructions that I'm missing?

souLLy
March 10th, 2007, 11:25
Sorry in advance if this sounds like a noobish question... But, whenever I run it I get this message {Init FAT... failed} and it just freezes up. Is there something to the instructions that I'm missing?

did you DLDI patch it?

Mr. SnO0kies
March 21st, 2007, 01:18
I really would like this to work, but every time I try to execute it the screen says init FAT...failed (I already patched it with the dldi) at least I think I did it right but it still won't play any help is appreaciated thank you.

Tripsk8er333
March 21st, 2007, 02:42
HEY,

If anyone has been having trouble with this

" Init FAT....Failed" Try using the "Nitro_Hax_v0.1.zip" version. It worked for me, so I hope this helped. :)

souLLy
March 21st, 2007, 07:42
there's a bunch of newer versions of this out now, search the forums :)

Mr. SnO0kies
March 21st, 2007, 07:48
Sorry it still is not working I dont get it I'm using a (max media dock). I downloaded the (win32) DLDI program and the (max media dock flash card) patch. I enter the command line and this is what it looks like.

------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings>dlditool mmcf.dldi Nitro_Hax.nds
Dynamically Linked Disk Interface patch tool v1.23 by Michael Chisholm (Chishm)

Trying "mmcf.dldi"
Old driver: Default (No interface)
New driver: Max Media Dock (Compact Flash)

Position in file: 0x00002F80
Position in memory: 0x02002D80
Patch base address: 0xBF800000
Relocation offset: 0x42802D80

Patched successfully

C:\Documents and Settings>
------------------------------------------------------------------

After that I take the file I used and put it on my media dock and it still says "fat init... Failed". Please if anyone could help like if you see something I did wrong or know of a reason why it would not be working please tell me thank you.

FunkyFisch
March 24th, 2007, 09:20
Hey guys,I have a different question.The good news is that Ive got the program running...BUT!How the heck can I play the games which are in the same cartridge with the application???Any one,pllz help,Ive come soooooo close!:eek:

Hawq
March 24th, 2007, 16:47
You cant, it only supports real games not warez

GTAJunkie
January 4th, 2009, 04:17
I can't get it to work. It says "Loading codes" but it never progresses from that. I have Datel Games n' music if that helps. Is that the problem?

DarjenRuler
February 25th, 2009, 23:02
how do you patch it, it keeps saying command not found when i try to use this software