PDA

View Full Version : The weirdest PS3 commercial you will ever see

wraggster
March 5th, 2007, 21:33
via joystiq (http://hacks.joystiq.com/2007/03/05/the-weirdest-ps3-commercial-you-will-ever-see/)

Mmmm. Where to begin. What you are about to see (if you haven't already) is one of the weirdest PS3 trailers commercials you will ever see. It features no screenshots, no image of the product its trying to sell, and ends up looking more like a promo for a new Quentin Tarantino film than anything else. It has it all: hookers, jock straps, a Baxter-like little dog, and exploding cash. Don't get us wrong; the creative side of our brains like the result (especially the music and mini suspense act), but there is no way in Hades this thing could help move PS3s in Europe (where the ad was made for).

Commercial Here (http://www.thisisliving.tv/)

Shrygue
March 5th, 2007, 21:38
Whoa.....now this is one odd PS3 commercial. Definately no signs of the console Sony wishes to sell in that clip.

Shadowblind
March 5th, 2007, 21:46
WTF?!

A grenade, an action movie commercial?

What the heck was Sony thinking? o_0

alucard001
March 5th, 2007, 22:03
if you were watching that on tv and on.ly watchhed half of it cause you had to get a beer from the fridge, you wouldn't have known that its was a ps3 comercial lol

Balthasar00
March 5th, 2007, 23:01
Wow! Another amazing short commercial like only sony can produce!

Ok, agree, I can't see really the link with ps3 products..

Emeriastone
March 6th, 2007, 00:54
It's not even f8cking advertising anything! It just makes you want to know what the hell they're talking about!

ElRazur
March 6th, 2007, 14:05
I like it. It is a form of advert where the whole message is not in a obvious way related to the product (i belive there is a term for it).

iniquitous_beast
March 6th, 2007, 14:40
It's done like a movie trailer. Still, it is a notch above the other "this is living" commercials floating about. Totally random nonetheless.

slappy1
March 6th, 2007, 15:55
This commercial is stupid. Just like the cyring, exploding baby doll crap. Maybe if the commercials weren't some wacked-out crap, that only the anime folk could brew up, sony would actually sell the PS3.

Tree
March 6th, 2007, 20:31
no i think its good because you want to watch it because you anit got a clue what its about and it makes u have more consentration while watching it

wiredforpower
March 6th, 2007, 22:10
ooooooooook...Its a bit too abstract for me.