PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros. Brawl character confirmations and desires

wraggster
March 5th, 2007, 22:56
via tanooki (http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/03/04/smash-bros-brawl-character-confirmations-and-desires/)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is probably somewhere in every Wii owner’s or future Wii owner’s top five games they want this year. There’s no doubt people have spent the last few years debating and speculating about the new game’s character roster.

The game’s director, Masashiro Sakurai, recently spoke on a Japanese radio show about the game. We’ll start with the bad news. The following characters will NOT be returning to the game’s roster: Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch, and the Ice Climbers. While reports don’t include the reasons for the removal of these characters, I think it’s safe to say a clone, an unknown, and a pair of characters with pretty lame moves won’t be missed by too many people. Personally though, I’d take Game & Watch or Ice Climbers back as long as they get rid of Pichu.

Now for some good news. Sakurai was able to confirm the arrival of Bowser Jr. to the game. Will he be a clone of Bowser? I’m thinking not, since Sakurai seems to be taking his time with this game, so I have a feeling we’re going to see less clones this time around. Next up, Link from The Wind Waker will be entering the ring. As to how his moves will differ from Young Link remains to be seen, but his inclusion makes sense with The Wind Waker being the most recent incarnation of “boy” Link, as well as the next one (in Phantom Hourglass). Lastly, Metroid’s Ridley will finally be playable in the Super Smash Bros. series. With Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley in Brawl and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption all coming this year, this is definately a year for Metroid.

Aside from Sakurai’s interview, Sonic and the Secret Rings director Yojiro Ogawa recently told the Nintendo Official Magazine that he would love to see Sonic in Brawl. “In my personal opinion, it would be great to have Sonic in it. But that would really involve Sonic and Nintendo’s management, it’s nothing to do with me!” Hopefully, Ogawa’s expressed desires will have more weight on the Brawl team than the fans do. I know some people around my dorm that desperately want Sonic in this game - as do I.

Gold Line
March 5th, 2007, 23:06
omg i have been waiting for news like this for time

what wind waker link yes cant wait to be normal link and kick his ass

WastingTheDawn
March 5th, 2007, 23:23
Every old school gamer wants to see Mario Vs. Sonic.

I so can't wait for this game

curt_grymala
March 6th, 2007, 01:02
I find it interesting that he refers to Sonic as though it is it's own company. Did I miss a memo? Does Sega no longer own the rights to Sonic?

Cool concept, though.

V3N0M
March 6th, 2007, 01:12
I find it interesting that he refers to Sonic as though it is it's own company. Did I miss a memo? Does Sega no longer own the rights to Sonic?

Cool concept, though.

I think he ment to say Sega not Sonic... :rofl: Anyways I'll probably pick up a Wii when this game comes out.

gotmilk0112
March 6th, 2007, 12:02
OMFG!1!! finally, i've been waiting for this news. i wonder how ridley is gonna work...or are they just gonna make his size like, 0.2x :p

xp79
March 7th, 2007, 21:30
i Guess its now official...
we can beat the powerpuff girl link to a pulp :D

Shazmo
March 8th, 2007, 09:33
Umm... Check the source before you start posting...

UPDATE: Apparently the 1UP.com source was just an old rumor. For now, don’t take anything involving these characters as confirmations in either direction, in or out. However, the Ogawa comment regarding Sonic still stands.