PDA

View Full Version : DSLearnJ v0.3[alpha]

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 00:03
Updated release from Zarxrax (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=28&post_id=15663#forumpost15663):

This program is created to help me study Japanese (although it is not useful for that purpose yet). It is a basic flashcard program, displaying text on 2 sides of a card. In addition, it has a drawing pad where you can scribble an answer before you flip the card over.

Update: March 4, 2007
After many months of working on this on and off, I was just about ready to give up, but over the past few days I made some significant progress. Here's a new version just to let people know the project isn't dead. It still has a bit of a way to go before it's very useful.

Changes:
- Renamed the project from DSLearn to DSLearnJ, to indicate it is intended for learning Japanese.
- Can display Japanese characters now! Thanks to Benjamalin!
- DLDI support to load files.

Known Issues/Limitations:
- Don't use the quit option from the pause menu. It's better to restart your DS.
- I don't know what will happen if you put a lot of text on a card, or have a lot of cards.
- If cards are not in the correct format, it will probably lock up.

Upcoming:
I plan for the next version to support 3-sided cards (english, kana, kanji), have some options, cleaned up interface, fix bugs and have more stable code.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

voteforpedro36
March 6th, 2007, 00:11
I'm gonna try it, looks good. Thanks Zarxzrax!