PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Online sooner than you think

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 00:24
Yes, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will feature Wi-Fi trading and battling, hurray-hurrah. Little did we know, however, that some independent developers (i.e. programmers with way too much free time) were developing an MMORPG version of the franchise based on the original Red and Blue versions. Sister site Joystiq clued us in, and we were rather intrigued.

Upon installation, we noted the extreme "alpha" status of the project. The only system currently implemented is that of battle, and even that seemed shoddy at best. You simply choose your six Pokemon from the standard list of 151 and walk around a grassy field until challenged. The game has a long way to go, and the chances that it can make it all the way past Nintendo's elite legal team seem slim. Try it out if you're bored a Pokemon fan!

And please, Nintendo, take a hint. We really want an official Pokemon MMO.

via dsfanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/03/05/pokemon-online-sooner-than-you-think/)

Shadowblind
March 6th, 2007, 00:31
Odd, and yet good to know, very much so.

Destroyer699
March 6th, 2007, 00:51
I actually played this a while ago. It was cool at first, but the lack of things made it old after a while. I do think it could grow into somthing more one day.