PDA

View Full Version : DC startup problem

shuhbonkboo
April 25th, 2005, 00:15
My DC starts up and gets to the sega screen and then suddenly the DC powers down giving me a black screen but the light remains on. I thought it could have been a power supply problem so I switched it with my working DC's power supply and the problem still persisted. I dont think that can be the problem because of that. I also tried this link http://sysopiam.cjb.net but that didnt work either. I also noticed that during start up the fan isnt spinning, how can I fix that problem? Please HELP!

pezza
April 25th, 2005, 09:10
if the fan doesn't spin the dc won't fire up, it's a safety precaution. you should get a multi meter and check the wires for continuity. Pez.

ptr.exe
April 25th, 2005, 16:07
Yeah its a safety thing for the DC, check the fan is connected inside. If it is and the DC still wont boot up go to www.liksang.com they may have replacement fans, if not then connect the third pin (the one left over from -ve and +ve) to ground on the PSU and it should work, althought you should put in a fan as your DC will fry after 20 mins of play without. You could put one in the side as ive seen many do and connect it directly to the 5V on the PSU (get a 12V fan and connect to 5V as otherwise its too loud).

Good Luck!

Im not responsible in any way if you destroy your DC or anyhting else bad happens, however if it goes well then its all my doing and you may praise me accordingly :D

shuhbonkboo
April 26th, 2005, 00:45
Ok well it looks like lik-sang only sells the fan where you put in the back. There's an auction on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4305&item=8187267256&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) but it's in Great Britain and well I've never ordered anything from overseas.

You could put one in the side as ive seen many do and connect it directly to the 5V on the PSU (get a 12V fan and connect to 5V as otherwise its too loud).

Where can I get one of these fans?

Thanks for the help!

ptr.exe
April 26th, 2005, 16:12
I meant a standard PC fan and put it on the opposite side of the DC to the original fan, remove the original fan and forget about it and ground the third pin of the fan socket. If you want i could do a simple MSpaint picture to show you where to put the fan and where to ground the old fan output. Just ask :)

shuhbonkboo
April 27th, 2005, 06:31
Sure can you provide a picture? thanks.

slak
May 26th, 2005, 22:27
Ok well it looks like lik-sang only sells the fan where you put in the back. There's an auction on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4305&item=8187267256&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) but it's in Great Britain and well I've never ordered anything from overseas.

Where can I get one of these fans?

Thanks for the help!

DAMN! I live in the UK and could've snapped that thing up for just over a quid! Doh! If only I'd seen this post sooner! Oh hi by the way, lol. Im a newbie. Been a regular visitor of this site for a few months now, but never actually posted, but now that my DC has started playin' up I've decided I need to ask someone for help! Sounds like I've got the same problem- the DC just cuts out everynow and again, usually no more than a few minutes into playing - and yet occaisionally it plays fine?!? Any ideas? Thankyou! I like this place :)