PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Test Data and upcoming content spotted on PSN by hacker

wraggster
May 5th, 2013, 22:08
via http://wololo.net/2013/05/03/ps4-test-data-and-upcoming-content-spotted-on-psn-by-hacker/

PS3 scene member SKFU is known for his habit of sniffing and manipulating networks packets (in particular he likes to tinker the stuff Sony doesn’t necessarily want you to see when communications happen between your home network and the PSN). Today he spotted some content on the PSN that seems to be test data for the upcoming PS4.

Using what is apparently a private tools of his (interestingly named “psnsss” a.k.a. PSN Store Secrets Search), SKFU has found some test products related to the PS4, on the PSN. He revealed his findings with a simple screenshot that can be found below.

From what I can see on the screenshot, the test data is not directly available on the regular “retail” PSN servers, but on the servers used by Sony internally for development or for QA (internal beta tests, if you prefer): this is what the “Environment” values seem to imply in SKFU’s screenshot below. For more details you can check the ps3devwiki here, but basically everything starting with a “D” (e.g. D1-NP) in that list is an internal development server, and everything starting with a Q is a QA server. I am not sure what “E” stands for.

The test data itself is not revealing much. Cryptic product IDs and generic product names such as “Storefront inclusion test – Game PS4 product” or “Game Franchise with PS4 representative”, or again “Orbis test data”. Although I must say I like the one product that contains the string “WOLO” in it

More interesting to me is the fact that people like SKFU seem to have access to some of Sony’s internal PSN servers, somehow. Well, I’m sure this is no news to the people who have been deeply involved in the PS3 scene, but it is to me, and I think it’s pretty badass!

Are you excited about the upcoming PS4?