PDA

View Full Version : FFXII hogs top spot

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 16:19
Final Fantasy XII has held on to the top spot in the UK software charts for a second week, with the hugely anticipated RPG title continuing to hold off the challenge from Real Time Worlds' Microsoft-published action title Crackdown, which remains at number two.

Despite the immense success of the franchise internationally, Final Fantasy titles have traditionally not held on to top positions in the UK chart for long - in fact, only PSone title Final Fantasy IX managed a run longer than Final Fantasy XII's fortnight, staying at number one for three weeks back in February 2001.

The chances of Final Fantasy XII repeating this feat, despite its huge popularity, seem slim - with both Ubisoft's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories mounting a challenge for the top spot this Friday.

via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=73742)

Emeriastone
March 6th, 2007, 16:56
I really did like FFXII, I liked all the FF games in the series, I just didn't think FFXII was as good as everyone had claimed it to be. Just not as exciting or as good as some of the past FFs.

mikebeaver
March 6th, 2007, 18:39
Maybe it is because they have moved along way from the normal structure of FF games, the battle system is very different and also the full rotational camera is a first, which brings with it a different perspective of the game.
I have been playing FF since the time of the SNES and can say that they are some of the best RPG's I have played, but XII seem's more like Vagrant Story 2 than FFXII, I'm not sure the direction they have taken is the best, but maybe I am wrong.

WastingTheDawn
March 6th, 2007, 20:53
FFXII was long over due.The system was amazing and made it worth playing.I wouldn't mind seeing spin offs to that.But not to overkill it like FF7

I heart Nintendo
March 6th, 2007, 21:02
XII seems alright so far, but I'm not liking the whole dungeon deal. It feels forumlaic. Go to a dungeon, run around rooms and hallways which all look the damn same and fight enemy after enemy.

I do like the battle system, but allowing players to move around doesn't add much - as damage isn't relevant to distance and enemies don't throw attacks at you that you can avoid like you could in say "Parasite eve".