PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 100 Percent Failure Rate

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 16:32
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/xbox-360-100-percent-failure-rate-241794.php)

And the crapped-out Xbox 360 frustrated consumer train continues! This time it's an employee at Texas-based Tek Republik, a full-service computer shop that also doubles as a gaming center. According to employee Chris_Tom:

Yes, every Xbox 360 I bought at launch is bricked with the 3 red flashing lights. Microsoft despite the widely reported policy of repairing hosed 360s for free that were manufactured in 2005 refuses to do so. That is pathetic. I have 4 hosed Xbox 360s sitting right here. I would gladly fix them if I could get an Xbox 360 motherboard from Foxconn. Believe me I would. Sorry, Microsoft wants to make even more money by forcing you to only be able to repair with them... Apparently only 4% of Xbox 360s have been faulty. My 100% rate must just be a statistical abberation beyond the mean. I doubt it. I've had statistics, and no other computer component I have ever owned has had that failure rate... This is a manufacturing failure of epic proportions. Perhaps one of the worst in history. This is right up their with the Atari ET game... I would prefer to just be able to buy a replacement board from Foxconn. Anyway, $140 a Xbox, half the cost of a core system to replace it. What a joke.
Just did a search around the Tek Republik's site, and they advertising having two Xbox 360s. If this is true, who's to blame: Microsoft or this dude's rotten luck?

Shadowblind
March 6th, 2007, 18:55
My Xbox 360 freezes very often. But this is due to my getting it at launch. Players on Gears of War say they almost never have they're Xbox feeze or otherwise.

briyan
March 6th, 2007, 21:33
no problems here whatsoever. although, every now and then, NBA 2K7 gives me the hiccups but i believe it had something to do with my HDTV not processing 1080i's fast enough coz since I switched to 720p, the problem went away.

i'm pretty sure this is an isolated issue. some people just weren't that lucky with their 360's. fortunately, i don't happen to be one of them.

BrooksyX
March 6th, 2007, 22:25
The only time i ever have problems with mine is when I use the guide while playing GOW on live. It freezes every once in a while. As for the Disc can't be read error its only happened twice, once with gears and I noticed there were a few finger prints so I wiped them of and it worked fine. Another time I got the the error with my Halo 1 disc that is scratched really bad.

My 360 was manufactured in October 06.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
March 6th, 2007, 22:35
never had a problem

BrooksyX
March 7th, 2007, 05:00
The only time i ever have problems with mine is when I use the guide while playing GOW on live. It freezes every once in a while. As for the Disc can't be read error its only happened twice, once with gears and I noticed there were a few finger prints so I wiped them of and it worked fine. Another time I got the the error with my Halo 1 disc that is scratched really bad.

My 360 was manufactured in October 06.

Right after I posted this my xbox 360 froze twice within 5 minutes. :mad:
I am pretty sure It was because I was accessing the guide while gears was loading, so thats probably why.

Kramer
March 7th, 2007, 10:01
Yay I cant wait to get my 360 tomorrow!!!:)

mnuhaily22
March 7th, 2007, 12:14
lol, I join this guy, as three times for me...

MasterChafed
March 7th, 2007, 15:34
well, freezing, as i know too well, usually indicates more problems in the future. for instance BrooksyX, my 360 was just freezing every now and then and i didnt think it was a problem. about a month after the first freeze the freezes were happening every 5 minutes that my xbox 360 was on and then it started with the 3 flashing red lights. The good news is, is that if you have ur 360, and the warranty is not void because of you tampering with it (and for some reason mine still got fixed even tho i had tampered with it :P) Microsoft will fix it free of charge if you send it in before the end of December this year, irregardless of the time u bought it..

Xiofire
March 7th, 2007, 16:08
Mine used to freeze all the time, but after moving my power brick to the top of my subwoofer, it only freezes from time to time, mainly while accessing the guide
-Xiofire

PS: Bought mine January 2006