PDA

View Full Version : Making Games

Tree
March 6th, 2007, 21:29
does anyone have any FREE programs where you can make games for like the PC, like internet games. Mainly to pass time and see if i am any good at it :p

mexicansnake
March 6th, 2007, 21:52
Learn how to code, its really interesting :).

VampDude
March 7th, 2007, 08:01
There is a program called DIV Game Studio, it was released around about 7 years ago (which I bought in EB)...

...I recommend you find and purchase DIV, you can get it for around about £4 on ebay - I paid £30 for mine back when it was released, it came with a nice BIG BULKY book which took me 3 months to fully understand and I wrote 2 crummy games in under a year!

Tree
March 8th, 2007, 15:50
im intrested in coding but i dont no where to start? anyone got any websites that will show me how to etc?

Cap'n 1time
March 8th, 2007, 17:23
im intrested in coding but i dont no where to start? anyone got any websites that will show me how to etc?

I recommend taking some programming classes at your local community college. Some people have the ability to learn how via tutorials... but I'm not one of those people.

First, I recommend you learn a computer language... but before that... I recommend you learn basic programming logic. From there all will be clear (maybe).

gdf
March 8th, 2007, 19:50
i heard you should try lua coding as it is fairly basic but also decent for making good games.

VampDude
March 8th, 2007, 23:05

you can find loads've downloadable e-books if you look on google, it helps to know what programming language you want to learn before you search as you will end up confusing yourself if you download e-bboks for coding and they're all different coding languages...

...Flash games are easy enough to write, well to what I've tried - 2 years ago (2005) I made a moving dot that had no objective (then I got bored and gave up)

PLZKLLME0080
March 9th, 2007, 01:05
If you have a Ti-83 calculater, you can make programs right on it! its the kind they make you get for high school... the $100 + kind.

gdf
March 10th, 2007, 11:56
lol, making programs on a calculator is probably fiddly though!

Tree
March 10th, 2007, 14:42
im going to have a try of lua coding

mexicansnake
March 10th, 2007, 20:47
Lua is powerful, its basic and you can do nice games with it.

T_J_
March 11th, 2007, 01:27
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/ is a nice program for no coding you can make seiara type games...

VampDude
March 11th, 2007, 02:57
I would'nt mind trying Linux, I don't have a Linux OS thou! :(

T_J_
March 11th, 2007, 05:46
VampDude i added you to msn if you log on ill hook you up with linux(free) in about 5 min...

Cap'n 1time
March 11th, 2007, 06:24
VampDude i added you to msn if you log on ill hook you up with linux(free) in about 5 min...

Linux is free period. I dont understand why people say "THIS VERSION OF LINUX IS FREE!" There are certain distributions that contain packages they feel you should pay for such as linspire (previously lindows) and of course Suse (owned by gay ass novell). The linux kernel, the basis for these distributions, is free and will always be free.

If you want a simple, no install, play with me, bootable CD linux check out Damn Small Linux.

If you want a really cool easy to use desktop check out ubuntu.

T_J_
March 11th, 2007, 06:29
I use SLAX and UBUNTU and i have Damn small linux for my laptop...
But i say its free cause some dumb ass will be like WAREZZ WAREZZZ cause they think it aint free...

Cap'n 1time
March 11th, 2007, 06:55
I use SLAX and UBUNTU and i have Damn small linux for my laptop...
But i say its free cause some dumb ass will be like WAREZZ WAREZZZ cause they think it aint free...

Those of us, that know what you are talking about will back you up :) If you know for a fact you are not posting warez then dont worry about it.

T_J_
March 11th, 2007, 07:35
Eh.. Just easier then typing an extra word then typing a whole response saying that its not warez