PDA

View Full Version : Umd Holder!

carlitx
March 7th, 2007, 17:44
Ya my psp isnt even a year old yet and the UMD holder is screwing up. Now it still works fine but its popping out on one side, so it is not level with the rest of the psp's back:( any one know if i can fix this? without sony's help!

weirdelf
March 7th, 2007, 17:48
Mine does that too

Gold Line
March 7th, 2007, 18:10
so dose mine dam you sony

Shrygue
March 7th, 2007, 18:34
Likewise - in fact my 4th one was like that when I bought it first hand from the store 3 months ago. Ridiculous!

Triv1um
March 7th, 2007, 19:29
Mine has ever since i brought it.

I thought it was normal? lol

Shrygue
March 7th, 2007, 19:35
My 5th and 6th ones are in line with the back of the unit. Maybe I was just plain unlucky to land up with a bent one as this problem should not be happening. :(

UchihaSasuke
March 7th, 2007, 19:57
Mines is almost popping on one side and this is getting me mad because after all the money is defective

carlitx
March 7th, 2007, 20:38
ok so neone nknow how to cure it?

Triv1um
March 7th, 2007, 20:45
I cant see there been a way.

I have just had a look at mine, and the hook is at the right side of the umd tray. (when the screen is facing me)

So when it trys to spring back, there is more flex at the left hand side.

By the looks of it, the only way is putting the hook (claw thing) in the middle.

buildit92
March 7th, 2007, 21:01
mines messed up too. but worres. every 5 minutes it pops open and the UMD pops out. its pisses me off. i tryed to fix it by tappiing it hard. that didnt work. so i bent it back in place and that only lasted 3 days. if anyone can find the cure for the bent UMD TRAY, please tell use.

carlitx
March 7th, 2007, 22:43
yes please and btw iv moded two friends psp's and theres didnt pop up and the both got theres wen the damn thing came out i mean wtf!

carlitx
March 8th, 2007, 00:33
ok very sorry for double posting but now its gotten even worse:@ now all i have to do is tap the bottom of the umd drive and now it pops up, my warrenty is still good but no sony back to wallmart i go. but one thing if i get a ta-86 psp is it downgradable? whats the latest fw out on new psp's? how do i check for a good irm weare? so please some 1 help soon i have till friday

acn010
March 8th, 2007, 00:49
i know how to fix it
theres two thing it may happened:
one is that probably a leg that holds that section is broken OR it is missplaced
a way to fix it is the following:
1.-check for any defects on the area, if there is... good for you XD
2.- dissassemble the system (take out the screen the home buttons, and the skeleton(the metal part thingy)
3.- once doing that you can visibly see the legs from the side, if one of the legs is broken, ha! too bad... its gonna be like that until you buy one (if you live in new york city.... go to china town for spare parts... like me he he XD)
4.-if there ok, tkae it out for further inspection...
i cant give you further instructions on how to take it out but i can send you the link on how to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgSmSV0Tsh4
5.- put it back in and presto.. its fixed...
it was helpful?

carlitx
March 8th, 2007, 01:08
well thnx for the help but im not that fussy on ruining my warenty by opening up and more than likely breaking the system i think ill goto wallmart as planed before...so some one wanna answer my above questions?

acn010
March 8th, 2007, 01:18
to be honest...... why the warrenty? its tons of bull crap, you can fix your psp on your own without any help of no one....
if you want spare parts go to divineo.com... pretty much cheap and trusted, i buy spare parts for people on that site and they have good things...
so its just stupid to GET A NEW PSP WITH THE LATEST MOTHERBOARD AND FIRMWARE
XD

carlitx
March 8th, 2007, 12:12
yes i agree that it is stupid to get new psp. but im not good with taking these things apart and i am strictly not allowed to order off the net. so please answer my questions above.

carlitx
March 8th, 2007, 17:27
ok very sorry for double posting but now its gotten even worse:@ now all i have to do is tap the bottom of the umd drive and now it pops up, my warrenty is still good but no sony back to wallmart i go. but one thing if i get a ta-86 psp is it downgradable? whats the latest fw out on new psp's? how do i check for a good irm weare? so please some 1 help soon i have till friday

ok sorry for double posting but heres my questions again. i realy need this asap b/c im soon gone to walmart to get the new psp

Gene
March 9th, 2007, 06:07
My psp always scratches the case (near laser cutout) of the umd when i take them out, so it sucks if i'm renting a game or if i want to resell it the store managers won't accept the game because it has "damage". The little bit of sticking out is not a big deal becuase i usually play it in the logitech case.

if you wan't a cure, i doubt there is one, because the tray itself is incredibly poorly designed(being held together with a barely visible peice of sheetmetal), but if you are in need of a cheap ass fix, then you could always use duct tape...

Or if you want the much harder and more rtime consuming way to do things: If you can take it apart you can always take out the metal clip that holds the umd tray closed, and make an exact replica only thicker so it doesn't bend as easily, and fit it in that spot..

carlitx
March 9th, 2007, 15:39
ya i was just to wallmart and they wont replace it:@ stupid fukin crap is all it is, it still got the one year warrenty on it cause only bought it in augest but they wont cause they are fukin gay! so im not sending it to sony so im gonna try to get a better metal clip for it and take it apart myself....

carlitx
March 10th, 2007, 16:40
to be honest...... why the warrenty? its tons of bull crap, you can fix your psp on your own without any help of no one....
if you want spare parts go to divineo.com... pretty much cheap and trusted, i buy spare parts for people on that site and they have good things...
so its just stupid to GET A NEW PSP WITH THE LATEST MOTHERBOARD AND FIRMWARE
XD

oh ya thnx dud great help right there man and that video..AMAZING!!! haha im so ****ing sarcastic that never helped me at all now i have to visual only sound...should of let sony fix it...

redhotchilimando
March 10th, 2007, 21:32
that happened to my psp too, if you look up guides to open up your psp, what you have to do is unscrew the lcd screen holder in your psp, and then put it back in place, trying to move it as left as you can. that's how i fixed mine

here's a pic:
http://www.pspcrazy.com/images/fig03.jpg

so, you unscrew it, then wiggle it in so it closes right

jonezybaby
March 10th, 2007, 21:50
i have 3 and 2 of them are wanked lol