PDA

View Full Version : Sega needs you!

wraggster
March 7th, 2007, 18:50
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159457)

Sega is running a poll on its website asking what game or character would you most like to see return.

The choices you're given are:

Nights

Streets of Rage

Samba de Amigo

Virtua Cop

Flicky

At the moment it's Nights that's leading the way in what the public wants to see next. Does this mean that there could be a new Nights game in the pipeline?

Hit this link (http://www.sega.com/home.php) and get voting - for Nights! Or would you rather see a new Streets of Rage game created? The choice could actually be yours...

Shrygue
March 7th, 2007, 18:53
I high time say Nights. It would be ace to see that come back.

Chameleon
March 7th, 2007, 18:54
streets of rage was the coolest ever

joshisposer
March 7th, 2007, 19:13
A newer streets of rage would be amazing
like actual 3D instead of side scrolling would be awesome. I loved the original games, they were soo much fun. Imagine if they remade or made a new one on the PS3 using it's full capabilities. You would think you were being a real person...

blueflash
March 7th, 2007, 19:24
Samba de Amigo would be amazing with wiimote, but having never played Nights .... tough decison both plus virtual cop n vitual racing

KeenCommander
March 7th, 2007, 19:47
I'm beginning to hope that they don't make a new NiGHTS game. After how badly they've murdered Sonic I'm sure they'd manage to kill that too.

Streets of Rage could be good but it would really be a different game if it was updated to use modern play mechanics, which I'm sure they would since that's the only way it would have a chance of being a commercial success.

Virtua Cop was fun but I'd rather they just port House of the Dead 4 to Wii :)

Flicky was great for it's time, but it would be hard to update as a modern game, it's too simplistic. And there's very little potential for it to be a big commercial success since almost no one has heard of it.

danmiracle
March 7th, 2007, 20:04
Nights on the Wii & Streets Of Rage on PS3/360 (with Virtua Fighter 5 style graphics) could be awesome...

...that's if they don't totally ruin all the things about the games that made them classics in the first place :O

Edit: Nights Saturn version ported to the DS and Streets Of Rage 2 ported to the DS (with dual screens and enhanced graphics) would be great!

mesosade
March 7th, 2007, 20:41
ummm well if you're gonna discuss here be sure to go to poll everyone. I do hope they don't go remaking streets of rage they'll make it 3d... and if they do...oh hohoho someone is gonna pay...

Xiofire
March 7th, 2007, 21:06
Would like to see streets of rage, but would prefer it to be an XBLA game rather then a fully fledged "brand new" 3D outing. Never played nights. Dont think im gonna vote.
-Xiofire

Shilo
March 7th, 2007, 21:06
Come on Streets of Rage!

willizm
March 7th, 2007, 21:07
I have a great idea for streets of rage. Doesn't matter if it's a new game or a recreate of the original, but what would be awsome is for all of us that grew up on beatem' ups. Have all of the original playable characters and some of the enemys, but still be rockin' the 80's style thing. I just played final fight and streets of rage 2 the other week and thought it would be so cool to see it still 80's. You would definitly have the punk guys with yellow jackets and charaters with ripped up jeans would be commonplace. Gotta keep the legion of doom bikers in there too. Kinda like what they did with the Warriors or something

Triv1um
March 7th, 2007, 21:11
Streets Of Rage!!!!!!!!!!

jacksprat1990
March 7th, 2007, 21:14
I'd love to see a new Streets of Rage in 2d or 3d. IT'S STREETS OF RAGE BABY!

SSaxdude
March 7th, 2007, 21:14
Streets of Rage for the Xbox 360. 4 player over Live, oh yeah.

Elven6
March 7th, 2007, 21:52
NIGHTS will probably just be a Wii thing, Streets of Rage all the way!

JKKDARK
March 7th, 2007, 22:04
You must be very idiot if you say Nights. Actually Sega is making poor games, if they make another Nights now it will be very sad.

geise69
March 7th, 2007, 22:57
Remaking classics is always a bad idea. Your expectations are always too high because they are games that you loved. When you finally get to play it there's always a big let down. Plus I seriously doubt Sega would bring Yuzo Koshiro back. Sega really likes to screw old games up when updating them for the New Age of gaming. Look at the Shining Force series for example. Totally just hack n slash instead of Strategy RPG. Games will never be like they used to no matter how hard they try. Sega is pulling at straws. A 2d Streets of Rage would be nice. High Res 2d sprites Guilty Gear Judgement style would be killer. Throw in the great 2d gameplay and Yuzo Koshiro's killer Orchestration and you'll have a winner for sure.

wolfpack
March 7th, 2007, 23:03
Streets of Rage... i want SOR RIGHT NOW!... they need to finish up the series, not just stop at 3 and leave an ending where people are still hanging on the edge of their seats

XDelusion
March 7th, 2007, 23:07
Ya so where is Alex Kidd in the list? Zillion? Golvellius? Or how about making a cool Phantasy Star that's NOT on-line centric!!!???

Sega has totally gone the way of lame since the Dreamcast died. :/

Sonny_Jim
March 7th, 2007, 23:11
I would of thought commerically they'd probably do best with a Streets of Rage.

I'd like to see Flicky as a minigame in it though.

IndianCheese
March 7th, 2007, 23:18
Apparently none have you have played multiplayer Streets of Rage 2. My sister and I LOVE playing against each others with our beloved DGEN multiplayer!

basilb
March 7th, 2007, 23:23
samba de amigo on wii makes sense, then again a free roaming virtua cop could be good too

E.J.
March 7th, 2007, 23:30
I would like to see a port of NiGTHS on PSP... (but not a ugly port like the one they are doing with crazy taxi...)

Shrygue
March 7th, 2007, 23:30
Likewise.

Veskgar
March 7th, 2007, 23:38
I'd have to put my vote in for Nights.

XDelusion
March 8th, 2007, 00:16
Let's see...

Nights was beautiful, but I didn't feel like I was doing anything through the whole gme, like it felt more like a ride than a game.

Streets of Rage is a beat em' up, kick punch, kick punch, kick punch. All you do is hit a lot of buttons real fast, there isn't much tact to them, and the musick, although impressive for a game machine of it's time, was way to housy, like that crap you hear in gay clubs.

Virtua Cop, ok ya shooters are fun, but VIrtua cop was just generic in it's presentation! Why I ask, why not bring out a new shooter that actually has likeable non-doll like characters, a story that makes you want to "read" more, I dunno say like a Horror shooter, but not like B-Rate horror like House of the Dead, but something more Lovecraft?

Or if you are going to do a cop game, why not Robocop? Screw Virtua cop!!! :)
Perhaps something for the Wii?

Samba de Amigo is not even a classic yet, so it's hardly fair to say he's gone anywhere. Would work great with the Wii I'd imagine.

Flicky: Ok, again they are going to bring up Flicky before Alex Kidd!?!??!?!? That is just WRONG!

redsyrup
March 8th, 2007, 08:24
I don't want to seem a joy kill but side scrolling beat'em'ups are dead and buried for a reason. Oni, Tekken 4, Tobal and few others but it's a tough genre to recreate and I don't think modern day SEGA is up to the challenge.

They should focus on new IP or bring back Samba'de Amigo on Wii.

hakds
March 8th, 2007, 09:50
Go with street of rage 2

willizm
March 8th, 2007, 13:32
Streets of Rage... i want SOR RIGHT NOW!... they need to finish up the series, not just stop at 3 and leave an ending where people are still hanging on the edge of their seats

You know there is a project that is called beats of rage that you can play on a pc or modded xbox. It may not be streets, but at least it will fill the void for a little bit.

Read up on it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beats_of_Rage

Cap'n 1time
March 8th, 2007, 17:08
You know there is a project that is called beats of rage that you can play on a pc or modded xbox. It may not be streets, but at least it will fill the void for a little bit.

Read up on it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beats_of_Rage

Beats of Rage has been ported to far more than just the Xbox. I think Dreamcast saw the first BOR console port.

There have been ports of BOR for the DC, Xbox, PS2, PSP, GP32, GP2x, and I believe our very own GPF has a BOR port in the works for the DS.

RV2006
March 8th, 2007, 20:13
Streets of rage...
Mostly because its simple and fun..
What they should do is make multiple modes:
- one that has the traditional streets of rage style play. Make it really arcadey so you can just jump in and play
- One that has free-roaming, modernised , combo based game, but instead of rushing, SEGA should work to keep the feel of the old games and make sure the gameplay doesn't get overcomplicated
- Mulitiplayer obviously
- Maybe they should add some vehichle sections, as it would be quite sweet to drive in some vehicles and beat up punks
- Maybe a team-based combat mode (with a few double team, maybe more attacks) , with a few puzzles to break up the action
- I think it would be cool to play as the badddies, and fight with each other in large arenas, (maybe a territory based battle) (Imagine the Chaos! :D)

Anyway, don't listen to my rambles, all of those games have good potential, but I think SEGA should look back into those old games, and maybe actually play them as a gamer as well as a developer, to see what made them great, and add something similar to it.

Elven6
March 8th, 2007, 20:22
If they make Street of Rage I think it would only stay good as a 2d type game, not another 3d disaster!

RV2006
March 8th, 2007, 20:27
I believe Sega can do 3d if they spend time on it...
Why was Shenmue so great (graphics wise and gameplay wise in its time), because they spent time on it...
If they keep chunring the games out non-stop, SEGA are going to fall...
(and what about chu-chu rocket for that matter, it could really work on the psp/ds (especially DS!!))

JKKDARK
March 8th, 2007, 20:32
I believe Sega can do 3d if they spend time on it...
Why was Shenmue so great (graphics wise and gameplay wise in its time), because they spent time on it...
If they keep chunring the games out non-stop, SEGA are going to fall...
(and what about chu-chu rocket for that matter, it could really work on the psp/ds (especially DS!!))
Sega is more successful now with their quantity over quality games. If they spend time and money like in the old days, these games will not sell well.

RV2006
March 8th, 2007, 20:38
I personally think that was due to their bad advertising,(The new sonic game advert was alot more cheese-free than their old adverts(Sega Do, Nintendon't anyone?))
Anyway they could do what Capcom seems to do, and follow the pattern: dodgy game, good game, dodgy game, good game...

EDIT: The quantity over quality games may sell well now, but a string of under 7/10 games is not going to do so good to SEGA's PR....

JKKDARK
March 8th, 2007, 20:42
Sorry, when I said the old days, I was trying to say the Dreamcast era. The old adverts from the Genesis era were totally successful.
Actually Sega want to be one of the 3 best-selling developers. If Electronic Arts got it with their generic games, Sega can do it also.

RV2006
March 8th, 2007, 20:52
I know that but with EA, they are more random with their quality (as if they throw a load of 'gameplay' and 'graphics' dices, and then make a game out the result), and got lucky with some great selling games, (with a little bit of help from a few celebritites, trademarks, and movie franchises...), and unfortunately for SEGA, they don't really have that, (yet), so it will be a lot harder for them to stand out over EA...
EDIT: EA have been in the multi-console market for ages (since the genisis/snes period if I remember), so they have foundation, (like a big-ass rock!) , and SEGA have a foundation of quality, (think of some nice soft muddy grass), and I believe if they add the same kind of foundation as EA, its going to react with the old foundation and create a big mess...
(think of standing on a small rock in a middle of a muddy field, unless you're damn good at balancing, you're gonna fall off...)
(sorry about the metaphor but that is the best way to describe it)

XDelusion
March 9th, 2007, 06:23
Beats of Rage, there you go, we have that, so why the need for ANY more beat ups from commercial sources, we can make our own now! :)

I still need to take the time to work on that Star Wars project I planned LONG ago...

...so many unfinished projects. :)