PDA

View Full Version : DSPad v0.1

wraggster
March 7th, 2007, 22:07
Bong (http://playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6023) has posted a new release for the DS, heres the translation:

Presentation:
The purpose of this application is to make function your DS like a pad without wire for PC.

History:
0.1:
functional customer and waiter (tested lengthily with zsnes)
file of configuration xml
compatible dldi (tested only on supercard sd)
PAlib for the interface

How to use:
Insofar as I develop only under linux, for the moment, only my happy colleagues will be able to test the thing. Can be a version win will come later.

To make function the waiter, you will have need for the modules uinput and joydev beforehand charged.
The waiter will reach the nodes /dev/misc/uinput | /dev/input/uinput | /dev/uinput according to your system…
Ensure to have the rights necessary on these nodes (unless making turn the waiter in root, which I do not advise you).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kcajblue
March 7th, 2007, 23:50
what exactly is this?
i didnt get what the description was saying.

"The purpose of this application is to make function your DS like a pad without wire for PC."

rishard10212
March 7th, 2007, 23:56
i think this is another ds- to keyboard prggy.

rigor
March 8th, 2007, 00:24
It's a homebrew that turn your NDS into a usable gamepad for PC.

kcajblue
March 8th, 2007, 00:41
ill stick with ds2key and win2ds

DanTheManMS
March 8th, 2007, 02:56
I was never able to get DS2Win working correctly. I'll be sure to try this out.

EDIT: wait, it's Linux only. Oh well

_bong
March 11th, 2007, 13:23
Hi,
I'm the author of this one.
First, i thank wraggster for the news but this on-line translation from french is a bit strange :D
Let me point you on a better self made one:
http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=15864#forumpost15864

Now my explanations:
For now, it runs only on linux for the simple reason i have no windows on my box. If you want the sources to look how it runs and port it, pm me ;).

This not a ds- to-keyboard software but only a gamepad i try to make as fast as possible to reduce latency...

Of course i know ds2key but it is a dswifi_test fork. I don't say it's bad because i have never tested it but i thought it would be fun to write mine from scratch.

At the moment, i'm working on the client to finalize gui and maybe some new features.