PDA

View Full Version : Review: Wii 1800mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack

bandit
March 8th, 2007, 01:10
Wii 1800mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack
Manufacturer: PEGA
Site: Buy from Brando (http://videogame.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00432)
Price: $14.00

Overview : This Wii Recharge Battery Pack is specially designed for Wii Remote controller. You can get easy to recharge the battery via USB after played.

Features :

Recharge battery pack via USB
USB charging cable included
LED indication during charging
Battery Capacity: 1800mAh
This is not an official Nintendo Product

Quality/Usability : Probably the most important and needed accessory for the Nintendo Wii is rechargeable batteries. If you play on a regular bases, you'll know that you go through batteries like no tomorrow. Unless of course you have rechargeable AA batteries. But even so, you have to take them out just to charge. This should of been on Nintendo's drawing board to include a rechargeable battery pack (it probably was but was left out due to whatever reason).

Its OK though because 3rd Party manufacturers will pick up the slack and this gives them something to help out the gaming community. With that said, PEGA has released their first rechargeable battery pack for the Wii remote control.

With the battery pack, you no longer have to remove any batteries from the controller. The battery pack is just a battery cover with two rechargeable batteries attached to it. On the front side of the remote is where the the USB cable will be inserted to charge the batteries. The battery pack fits the back of the Wii remote perfectly. There is also an LED to let you know when the battery is being charged. Unfortunately, it doesnt turn off to let you know when its fully charged.

If you want to recharge the batteries from the Wii's USB port, you will need to have the Wii turned on. You can not charge it while the Wii is OFF/standby. Although, you can charge the remote through your computers USB port or if you have one of those USB wall adapters.

Conclusion : Overall, the Wii Rechargeable Battery Pack is a great product. A downside is that you can not charge the battery pack with the Wii off. So if you want to charge the battery pack, you'll have to have the Wii turned on (how can you play now?) or you can use your computers USB port. It would of been nice if the battery packs LED light can turn off to let you know that it is fully charged.

Images via comments

Shrygue
March 8th, 2007, 01:28
That Wiimote batter pack looks useful. It'd be better than buying another set of normal non-recharagble batteries when your current ones go flat.

VampDude
March 10th, 2007, 06:29
That is the best thing I've seen released for the Wii-Remote, hopefully I would be able to charge 2 remotes at the same time

InfernAce
November 3rd, 2008, 01:56
I know this is an old review but i just get one of these battery packs and I wanted to know how much time i must leave it charging the first time. and roughly how much it last being used with every charge, this thing dind't come with instructions or anything ¬¬

bandit
November 3rd, 2008, 18:14
I know this is an old review but i just get one of these battery packs and I wanted to know how much time i must leave it charging the first time. and roughly how much it last being used with every charge, this thing dind't come with instructions or anything ¬¬
I dont remember how this works when charged but I think you leave it plugged in for charging. There is a red LED on the back. When it turns off, thats when the charging is done.

As for how long it lasts per charge, depends on how long you use the battery per day. I think I played 1-3 hours per day and it lasted me a week or so. Again, its been awhile and I dont remember too well