PDA

View Full Version : Help with GPsp

PSP Fanatic
March 8th, 2007, 22:25
I've been trying for hours to make the cheat function work, but it hasn't worked once. I made the .cht file and the emulator recognizes that I have the cheats, but they don't work. I've tried many different codes and changed things a lot, but it still doesn't work! The game is Pokemon Ruby. I'm trying to find a Lugia in the wild. I've tried other cheats as well, but they also do not work. Here's my file:

PAR_V3 Master
de00aafd 2ebd05d0
530823d9 16558191

PAR_V3 Lugia
e9494f7c c1f354d2
eedc0691 c92e5163

I've heard that the cheat function actually does work. I could use a little help. Thanks.

Shadowblind
March 8th, 2007, 22:42
I dunno, I've been trying it for a looooong time but no dice. I dont think it even can load cheats...

BTW, what program did you use to make .cht files?

PSP Fanatic
March 8th, 2007, 22:50
I used notepad. I just saved it as all files then .cht.

Shadowblind
March 8th, 2007, 22:58
I cant even load the cheats. What must I do?

PSP Fanatic
March 8th, 2007, 23:05
Is your file a .cht? It has to actually say that it is that. If it says it is a text document then you didn't do it right.

Shadowblind
March 9th, 2007, 00:13
It is. When I go to cheats and misc. when in GPSP, I click on Cheat Slot 0 and it does nothing...

PSP Fanatic
March 9th, 2007, 00:44
Well are you sure you inserted the cheats correctly?

Shadowblind
March 9th, 2007, 02:59
I put it in the Cheats folder. How do I insert it?

PSP Fanatic
March 9th, 2007, 14:38
I meant did you use the right format? You know
Gameshark_V3 or Par_V3. Cheats folder? There is no cheats folder. You put the file where your roms are.

Shadowblind
March 9th, 2007, 16:31
No, there is a cheats folder...

I did like you said, typed the code in a txt file and saved it as a .cht file.

PSP Fanatic
March 10th, 2007, 01:58
Really? There's no cheats folder for me. That's weird. I really don't know why it's not working for you.

Anyways, can anyone help me with my problem?

Vampirikus1
March 17th, 2007, 20:16
Just So you do know, to add cheats put the codes under the title of either Par_V3 or Gameshark_V3 then the cheat name in a text document (leave a single line between each cheat) save it as a txt go to the folder rename it <Game name>.cht then copy it to your roms folder.

Exophase
March 18th, 2007, 11:39
It (the .cht file) has to be in the same directory as the ROM, there is no cheats directory, if there is one someone improperly repackaged the zip (bet they're distributing it with a BIOS too). Not all cheats work because not all of the functionality of the devices is supported, and it isn't that well tested but I know at least some work. Gameshark/PAR are identical, but V1 vs V3 are not. Unfortunately most of the time you won't know if a cheat is V1 or V3 (they're completely different), so try both (V3 is more likely). If a cheat only has 12 alphanumerics instead of 16 it's probably not even a GS/PAR cheat at all and the site mislabeled it.

Master cheats are a waste of time (and maybe worse), don't include them.