PDA

View Full Version : Phidias

wraggster
March 8th, 2007, 22:30
Tassu (http://www.sivullinen.fi/nds/index.php)has released a new drawing app for the DS that saves images as bmp.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

x999x
March 9th, 2007, 15:51
This is awesome! Exactly what I've been dying for on my DS :)

Thanks very much Tassu, this is probably the first homebrew that really brings my DS a new level of utility as I like to sketch and have since been using my PocketPC to fill my creative urges.

Some bits of feedback before I go as a "power user" lol, but have you considered clearing the screen with the default color of white rather than using the ink color currently selected? Also do you have any intention of adding a load feature in the future so that we may resume our masterpieces on the go?

Thanks again, I'm lovin' this mcD style :)

TheYak
March 9th, 2007, 16:19
It's an excellent app. I agree with x999x in that a clear to default white would be nicer, maybe having the clear with another color option be via a fill tool or separate selection (i.e. background color selection). An eyedropper-style tool would be cool, but all in all a very capable sketching program.

Now, if only it would save on my M3miniSD (tried patching w/ M3SD DLDI and M3SD Alt DLDI).

naruto777
March 9th, 2007, 16:28
this would probably be useful for m3 simply or r4 users, because you would be able to create your own skin. is it possible to save a pic to a specific pixel size? that would pwn...

Pixelated_Pope
March 9th, 2007, 21:57
Really cool. A color picker or color swatch would be cool. My biggest complaint was when I was trying to paint over an area with a color I used previously... it was almost impossible to find the same color I used before.

Tassu
March 10th, 2007, 15:30
If the clear function would always clear as white instead of the selected color would be bad idea in my opinion. Right now you can clear to any color you want. Just select the color and tap clear. I think it's better like this.

An eyedropper is a good idea and easy to make, I will do that. I'm also working on image loading.

Thanks everyone for feedback. Send me your pictures: [email protected]

x999x
March 10th, 2007, 18:45
If the clear function would always clear as white instead of the selected color would be bad idea in my opinion. Right now you can clear to any color you want. Just select the color and tap clear. I think it's better like this.

An eyedropper is a good idea and easy to make, I will do that. I'm also working on image loading.

Thanks everyone for feedback. Send me your pictures: [email protected]

Thats great news Tassu! :)

I understand your concerns about always clearing to white, photoshop sets this as it's default but even still has the option of changing to another color. The way it does this is very convenient, it allows you to select a foreground and background color. Whichever color is in the background is what Photoshop uses as it's "clear" color when you delete the background. Do you think this is a bad idea? Two user definable colors which can be switched to foreground/background?

Lastly, as I've been doing a lot of sketching lately, I am finding it cumbersome to tap the L button and tap a key on the next screen to undo a mistake. When sketching sometimes it takes a few practice strokes to get that perfect curve you want, so my request is to map Undo/Redo to the Left and Right D-Pad :) This would make a very streamlined work environment :)

Thanks again for all your hard work Tassu! :thumbup:

Adrenalin
March 11th, 2007, 09:36
Great App! nice layout and functionality.

lolmasta
March 11th, 2007, 12:41
That looks very nice.

Kraton
March 11th, 2007, 15:15
Works perfectly on M3miniSD. this app is really awesome. Eraser and grid(For pixelart? :D) would be nice :)

Tassu
March 11th, 2007, 23:21
Thats great news Tassu! :)

I understand your concerns about always clearing to white, photoshop sets this as it's default but even still has the option of changing to another color. The way it does this is very convenient, it allows you to select a foreground and background color. Whichever color is in the background is what Photoshop uses as it's "clear" color when you delete the background. Do you think this is a bad idea? Two user definable colors which can be switched to foreground/background?

Lastly, as I've been doing a lot of sketching lately, I am finding it cumbersome to tap the L button and tap a key on the next screen to undo a mistake. When sketching sometimes it takes a few practice strokes to get that perfect curve you want, so my request is to map Undo/Redo to the Left and Right D-Pad :) This would make a very streamlined work environment :)

Thanks again for all your hard work Tassu! :thumbup:
I might add the background/foreground colors later but right now when there is only one color, I think it's better that it clears to the selected color.

Undo/redo on left/right is a good idea. I will also try to make more undo levels.

x999x
March 13th, 2007, 05:55
This is great news, thanks!