PDA

View Full Version : MoonShell v1.71 Stable Released

wraggster
March 8th, 2007, 22:57
Infantile Paralysiser (http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/03/moonshell_ver171_readme.shtml) has updated Moonshell to version 1.71 and also released DPG Tools v1.3:

Moonshell is an all singing all dancing Media Player for the DS:

Heres whats new:

Moonshell v1.71 Changelog 2007/03/08:

Changed default to '24kHz 2x oversampling'.
The DPG video decoder do speed-up.
The START button can be customized to soft reset.
General bug fixes.
Attention. Please do not mix MoonShell with the file of an old version.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Rayza
March 9th, 2007, 02:57
Just like the beta of this version, it won't boot on my Supercard Lite Rumble.. Was hoping to check out the new DPG functions..

Junixx
March 9th, 2007, 03:01
This is becoming very polished now, it even saves the directory when you shut it off so it comes right back there, and theres a loading bar too :thumbup:

digimartz.com
March 9th, 2007, 08:31
so great!

Deburner
March 9th, 2007, 11:30
dpg playing now workings with more actiony movies

hollinkentf
March 16th, 2007, 02:08
HI,

I am very new to this, so I apologize if this has been asked before, or seems like a ridiculous question. I used version 1.6 before and everything worked fine. I was hoping to use the new dpg converter to get better quality videos, but they will not play. It says load error, unrecognized dpg format. I converted a video with dpg1.3 and it will not play. Are there different files you need to put in the root directory of the card that are different from version 1.6? I would really appreciate any help. Sadly, I need a step by step guide, as I am not very good at this. Thanks for any advice.

DanTheManMS
March 16th, 2007, 03:18
You have to actually upgrade Moonshell itself to use videos produced by the new encoder. Run setup.exe again to setup the new version.

hollinkentf
March 16th, 2007, 04:29
HI,

Do I need to change anything on the card? I read soething that said you were not supposed to use the old folder moonshl fom version 1.6 with the new 1.7 version, but I could not find a new folder. I ran the setup again and am converting the video again. I will see if that works. If you know anything else i might need let me know. Thanks for the help.

Tegamal
March 16th, 2007, 15:38
Does anyone else get a corrupt file when they unzip this?

eomund
March 16th, 2007, 16:14
^ I got mine from here: http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/nds/

If your having trouble with this one, the one on their site works for certain. (I know I got it yesterday).

henchturk
March 16th, 2007, 16:21
How do I get this to work with SupercardDS(one) I can't find the .nds file.

hollinkentf
March 16th, 2007, 17:56
HI,

I ran setup again, and recoded another video with dpgtools1.3 and it still will not play on my m3 simply. Has anyone gotten videos to play with this version?

DanTheManMS
March 17th, 2007, 01:10
My guess is that you'll need to launch the updated 1.71 version of Moonshell from within the M3 Simply menu before trying to launch videos. AFAIK, the M3 Simply menu is built from Moonshell 1.6, so videos encoded in a newer DPGenc will not play on it.

hollinkentf
March 17th, 2007, 02:17
HI,

I hope this doesn't sound too dumb, but how do you do that? I just started using this about 2 weeks ago and have never used anything like this. I don't know how to launch the program from the card. If you know how, please let me know and I will give it a try. Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

DanTheManMS
March 17th, 2007, 02:40
You said you ran setup, so there should be a file that has the word "Moonshell" in it on the root of your card. For instance, on my Supercard miniSD, it's called "Moonshel_SCSD_Supercard (SD Card).nds"
Just launch it like you would launch any other homebrew application.

voteforpedro36
March 19th, 2007, 20:25
HI,

Do I need to change anything on the card? I read soething that said you were not supposed to use the old folder moonshl fom version 1.6 with the new 1.7 version, but I could not find a new folder. I ran the setup again and am converting the video again. I will see if that works. If you know anything else i might need let me know. Thanks for the help.

Delete the /moonshl folder from the 1.6 version. Now run the setup from the 1.7 and the new DPGs will be just fine...

Does anyone else get a corrupt file when they unzip this?

Download it again. Sometimes your computer doesn't download all the way...

Mr.Peanut
March 20th, 2007, 16:21
I have not had this problem before. The sound in my dpg is leading the video a little, for the whole video. I am still encoding with the exact same settings as before, and the videos are the same length. I have played with the GOPskip and synch options in Moonshell without result. Has anyone advice on how to prevent this?

n1np0
March 21st, 2007, 09:39
When i run the dpgenc that comes with the new moonshell all the text is symbols and wingdings, the new ms1.7 works great, im just having this text issue with the new dpgtools, it seems like it works but none of the text on the app displays right. i've tired redownloading it several times too

n1np0
March 21st, 2007, 09:56
When i run the new DPGtools the app seems to be running, but none of the text is there on the buttons or the menu tabs at the top. it's all symbols and wingdings.

Does anyone know what this is or how i can fix this? i tried downloading the package from different sites and it's the same thing.

Mr.Peanut
March 21st, 2007, 12:16
There is a (L)anguage setting. Change it to English(or whatever).

n1np0
March 22nd, 2007, 07:22
NFW!! WTF!! thanks a lot, peanut.

CoolMAN20
April 3rd, 2007, 01:54
^ I got mine from here: http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/nds/

If your having trouble with this one, the one on their site works for certain. (I know I got it yesterday).

When you got it there did the download of moonshell come with DPG tools?

Eric
April 15th, 2007, 04:26
I have this now working for the DS-Xtreme (Slot 1).

RyanSumo
April 24th, 2007, 13:41
Hey guys, i just installed moonshell 1.7 and ransome videos through batchdgp and while the video itself was par, the sound was terribly weak. Now I know the DS' speakers aren't really built for super soound, but i plugged in some earphones and I could still barely hear anything.

I was hoping to watch videos to pass time during my daily commute, but it'll be pointless if i can't hear anything right? So anyway I was wondering if anyone else has this problem ( ive been surfing around and I avent noticed anyone posting about it though) and how i can fix it?

DanTheManMS
April 25th, 2007, 02:35
I've heard of a similar situation, and the only solution that was presented was to use the X and Y buttons to increase the volume up to 400% (press Select or touch the screen to bring the video to the bottom screen so you can see the current volume level). It's software amplification, so it'll sound fuzzy, but it's better than nothing. Also try a few different videos of different filetypes to see if it's something that happens for one video only.

RyanSumo
April 26th, 2007, 01:28
Hey thanks. I tried the volume thing but honestly I couldn't really tell the difference. I might as well jack it up to 400 though. What I think helped was clicking on "normalize" when converting eps. I also had the audio bitrate maxed out as well.

rey
May 5th, 2007, 19:08
great

rey
May 5th, 2007, 19:09
what is that error??

i use gbamp and mml

DanTheManMS
May 5th, 2007, 19:39
Would you mind being more specific? Saying "that error" is not nearly descriptive enough to let us diagnose the problem.

jo2thenah
May 13th, 2007, 19:35
just a question, i have Batch DPG instead of dpgtools, is this new version of dpg better? coz i dont' know how to work that program out. and the setup for moonshell always freezes up on me =(

SuperMaria
May 14th, 2007, 15:49
I do have problems converting big "actiony" movies with my old version,the framerate was rarely fluid,also at 15 fps I encountered prob.;do anyone knows if its due to my loading Moon. by the DS slot and not the GBA and/or this new version suppurt bigger data transfer??Ayway I have to try... [°+°]

zoomzoom4710
May 19th, 2007, 19:34
kinda off topic about the dpg but i need help please, whenever i go to bookmark a text document it says to refer system something something and i look and theres no bookmark im guessing its supposed to be a .sav file and theres supposed to be 4 could somebody provide these for me thanks in advance

DanTheManMS
May 19th, 2007, 20:02
I think you need to check the bookmark option when running setup.exe to install Moonshell for that to work.

zoomzoom4710
May 26th, 2007, 03:09
ehh idk wut ure talking about, i didnt use any kinda setup.exe coz moonshell came in my r4ds 1.08 firmware and i just put it on their :confused:

Smalldeadman
May 31st, 2007, 17:29
this works on m3 sd, the ds linker (when pached the supercard ds slot 1) the supercard ds one, gbamp cf works, sd does not work :(, and the m3 mico works with sd thats all i can find out with my adapters oh and supercard rumble has no suport what so ever since 1.6 :( even with paching

witeds
June 23rd, 2007, 02:22
dose it work with mmd i was wondering i guess ill have to try it
----
it dose allbut the soft re start

Xgen001
July 9th, 2007, 14:21
can someone just run a brief step by step what i have to do to install moonshell 1.7 onto my ds. like from downloading moonshell1.7 to your computer onwards.

edit. nvm. i think i got it.

XDelusion
July 11th, 2007, 16:45
Here is a new site you all will take an interest in:

http://moonbooks.net/

On it is currently shared a collection of Public Domain Books and Movies converted over for the DS.

Also there are forums where I have just written up two short tutorials. One is on how to convert any file into DPG format for use with MoonShell, and the other is about converting PDF files for viewing in Comic Book DS.

DanTheManMS
July 11th, 2007, 18:46
You do know that Moonbooks was started a long time ago, right? It's not a "new" site by any means. In fact, the reason it originally was made was because the text reader in Moonshell 1.6 did not wrap words correctly, though it's moved beyond that by this point.

EDIT: Here's the original site if you're interested - http://moonbooks.stonecypher.net/

megatron4sure
February 24th, 2008, 08:34
Ive Had a problem with it cause i was using it and the volume is now very low

da_head
February 24th, 2008, 15:55
i don't like this new version for two reasons. Firstly, when watching dpgs, when you tap the bottom screen, instead of it instantly switching down to there, it takes a good four or five taps. Secondly, when pausing a video you're watching, ders a clear 1 or 2 second delay. i had multiple people with the same issue, and we all tried different videos, so it is clearly moonshell's fault. therefore, i downgraded back to the previous version i had, until sumthing better comes out.

lyokohero
March 2nd, 2008, 18:31
everytime i load it it freezes at the game loading bar can anyone help me??

pinoypayter
March 4th, 2008, 00:44
get your dpg movies at
http://valentinedpg.webs.com/movies.htm
http://dpghost.com/files.php

sicwhite
March 30th, 2008, 18:34
Is there any reason why I can no longer run Beup on my R4?

I upgraded to Moonshield 1.71 and when I try to run Beup I get an error message saying "not support adapter type?"

It's really annoying me. Any help would be much appreciated!

cal360
March 30th, 2008, 18:38
Have you tried patching beup it may fix the problem and run it from the R4 main menu.

sicwhite
March 30th, 2008, 19:05
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the DLDI v1 and v2 patching only to get the same error message.

I don't quite follow what you mean about running it from the main R4 menu?

sicwhite
March 30th, 2008, 19:09
I formatted and started from scratch... seems to work now :)

cal360
March 30th, 2008, 19:13
R4 has its own main menu for running homebrew and not just moonshell which is just on there for media try running it from there instead instead of from moonshell as I have the M3 simply and moonshell won't run homebrew on mine and as both cards are almost identical it may be the same problem for you.

bigwally
April 2nd, 2008, 16:19
Many thx wraggster

rc1260
June 22nd, 2008, 18:19
hey guys i was just wondering for the moonshell 1.71 file .. is it necesarry to check all the ROM things on the top right area of the setup.exe thing? or do you just check the one that applies to your card.? i have DS One Supercard.. which one would that apply to?

DanTheManMS
June 22nd, 2008, 20:33
You can pick any of them, as it really only dictates the DLDI file that will be used, and the Supercard DS will automatically patch with DLDI upon execution anyway. Just pick one of the Supercard choices and you'll be fine.

rc1260
June 22nd, 2008, 21:36
You can pick any of them, as it really only dictates the DLDI file that will be used, and the Supercard DS will automatically patch with DLDI upon execution anyway. Just pick one of the Supercard choices and you'll be fine.

ahhh thanks so much man. I also have another question if you don't mind:

i used dpg encoder for a moonshell version 1.0 , and those encoded files work with moonshell 1.7, which i just downloaded. however, when i used 1.7 dpg encoder, the encoded file wouldn't play; it said there was some error or something. i currently have moonshell 1.7 with 2 1.0 dpg encoded movies. so uhhh.. why does this happen? and what should i do.. thanks much and sorry for being a fat noob >>

DanTheManMS
June 23rd, 2008, 06:40
The exact error message would help. The only time I've gotten a file refuse to play entirely was when I converted it with the width set to something other than 256 pixels, and Moonshell 1.7x does not support anything other than 256 pixels in width. The solution to that is to either re-encode the files or simply use the *.nds file from Moonshell 1.6 which does support those videos.

GenoDragon
August 19th, 2008, 12:33
Hey guys, I just downloaded the new moonshell, but when I played my new dpg file(used BatchDPG v1.3 beta multithreaded), it said it didn't support anything 256 pixels horizontally and froze. The dpg does have a width of 256 pixels, though, and a height of 192. What gives? And if I play it in moonshell v1.6, it says <VideoOverlaySize setting error> and freezes. Can anyone help? I'm still 13....On a side note, whenever I soft reset(or reset in any way,) it says <Not support adapter type> at the bottom of the debug list and freezes. I'll also add my dpg file just in case. It seems awfully small...2147507017

phiitboi
August 19th, 2008, 14:51
way too hard to install and wont even work on my m3ds real.

Akoi Meexx
August 19th, 2008, 15:06
Hey guys, I just downloaded the new moonshell, but when I played my new dpg file(used BatchDPG v1.3 beta multithreaded), it said it didn't support anything 256 pixels horizontally and froze. The dpg does have a width of 256 pixels, though, and a height of 192. What gives? And if I play it in moonshell v1.6, it says <VideoOverlaySize setting error> and freezes. Can anyone help? I'm still 13....On a side note, whenever I soft reset(or reset in any way,) it says <Not support adapter type> at the bottom of the debug list and freezes. I'll also add my dpg file just in case. It seems awfully small...2147507017

What kind of flash cart are you using?

GenoDragon
August 19th, 2008, 15:52
An R4.

Akoi Meexx
August 19th, 2008, 17:29
I would suggest not using the beta of BatchDpg then, as it sounds like it's not scaling the video correctly and you're winding up with an overlay window that's larger than 256x192.

Anyone else using BatchDPG 1.3 beta?

phiitboi
August 19th, 2008, 20:05
m3real owners have anyone got this work and how do i make this moonshell to boot first when i turn my ds on

GenoDragon
August 20th, 2008, 10:49
Ok, thanks Akoi. I'll try that.

phiitboi
August 20th, 2008, 12:54
there is m3 and some other version of moonshell in tehskeen website for those who dont know.

can i send links on here, dont ban me =)

http://www.tehskeen.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=1590

phiitboi
August 20th, 2008, 13:24
can someone now help me on this my thing, how do i get moonshell to run when i turn power on, needs always to go subfolders and start moonshell, this is little bit annoying.
and the card was m3real ds

GenoDragon
September 29th, 2008, 03:05
Hey guys, it's me again. I got the latest moonshell, 1.71, but it freezes when i soft reset using start(or reset.cfg or whatever)and only shows the happy SD card that says loading. I also tried to combine 1.71 and 1.6, which worked for a while, but now it freezes whenever it loads up that one. What do i do? :C
EDIT:nvm I figured it out myself :)

NDSboy
October 24th, 2008, 19:18
thaks

Jeric
November 16th, 2008, 04:21
Has anyone gotten Moonshell 1.71 to load .nds files for the datel GnM?

wildfire8
November 18th, 2008, 05:21
does anyone know what format the videos need to be in for the mpeg4 plugin to work? (ie: resolution/bitrate/fps)
and what file extension is used for the mpeg4 files?

Flygon
November 18th, 2008, 08:26
You have to convert the MP4 files to DPG files.

DanTheManMS
November 23rd, 2008, 21:23
I'm not aware of any working MP4 plugin, so yeah, you'll want to convert to DPG first.

pnk2008
January 17th, 2009, 23:16
Hey folks, im new to this so please be a little understanding.....

I have installed moonshel 171 with dpgtools etc...
Trouble is i have over 60 roms and the game window will only see 14 of em, also i have created a music folder with no trouble but when i try and create a movie folder for the dpg files moonshel cant see it at all and it is really starting to anoy me...
please please help is there somethin im doin wrong?
regards
pnk

pnk2008
January 17th, 2009, 23:34
shows up an error 404 page cant be found

ChaoticanarchyX
January 18th, 2009, 02:05
you might want to be a little clearer on what problem your having. If anything your better off getting moonshell 2 beta 5 anyways. its a little more friendly when it comes to icons i've noticed. Oh and another thing, moonshell WONT boot anything other then mp3, DPG's, text files and some picture files...

tecladistactm007
March 11th, 2009, 16:27
pretty awesome upload.

You know, these days itīs quite difficult to find any moonshell-related files.

Thanks!