PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 on PSP: Strategy

wraggster
March 9th, 2007, 01:53
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/08/top-5-on-psp-strategy/)

There may not be much PSP related news out of GDC yet, but you can comfort yourself by knowing the system has lots of great games already. With that in mind, every day this week we'll feature a new genre and list the top 5 games (according to metareviews), so no matter what you're into, you'll have some idea of what games you should own. Today the focus is on strategy games, which the PSP doesn't have a lot of, but there are some notable and enjoyable ones (like the games on the list below).

Top 5 Strategy games on PSP

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Field Commander
Metal Gear Ac!d
Worms: Open Warfare

I know many gamers hated the Metal Gear Ac!d series, but they are some of my personal favorite games on the system. Actually, I enjoyed all the games on this list, except for Pirates!, only because I have yet to try it. But what do you think about these 5 games? What strategy games aren't on this list that you think every PSP owner should have?

joshisposer
March 9th, 2007, 02:21
I didn't like either of those games. lol, i'm not too big into strategy games though

DarthPaul
March 9th, 2007, 02:53
I loved The MGA series. I have both of them. Very very good games. I think they deserve the 1st place.

jamotto
March 9th, 2007, 03:52
Pirates! really belongs in its own catagory of multi genre games, as it's a mix of action, fighting, strategy, puzzle and adventure.

Emeriastone
March 9th, 2007, 05:26
Yeah, MGA and MGA2 were very nice. I need to get those back from my friend.

Veskgar
March 9th, 2007, 06:21
I'd pick Field Commander and Lemmings.

Although Lemmings might be considered a "puzzler"

Sadly, there have been very few strategy games for the PSP. Hopefully once FF Tactics: Lion War is released, other great strategy/tactical/RPG games will follow.

IM back!
March 9th, 2007, 12:58
The only strategy game I ever played extensively is Die Sidler a German game that probably nobody knows here. It will probably never see a PSP port though a DS port is in the making

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 9th, 2007, 15:19
MGA is a very good game, and super robot wars MX is a brilliant game!

robocelot
March 10th, 2007, 06:10
The only strategy game I ever played extensively is Die Sidler a German game that probably nobody knows here. It will probably never see a PSP port though a DS port is in the making

It's pretty well known in North America as The Settlers of Catan. If your German is good there is a PAL PS1 port of Die Sidler Kattan which you could play on the PSP via popstation.

And, if you want the game that The Settlers is based around, check out M.U.L.E. (Multi Use Labour Equipment) which was ported to a good number of 8-bit computers (Atari 8, C64) and even to the NES (with 4 player action via multitap).