PDA

View Full Version : GDC: Spore dev takes back "Wii is sh*t" comment

wraggster
March 9th, 2007, 15:44
In the speech made yesterday at GDC Hecker laid into the Wii's technical power, comparing it to two GameCube's stuck together and called it a "piece of s***!"

From the thread the developed in our comments section, everybody seemed to agree that his comments were a little out of order.

Now Hecker has taken them back and apologised during another presentation: "I was trying to be thought provoking and entertaining and fun, and a lot of the stuff went too far over the top on the entertaining and fun side, so that it was no longer thought provoking, just inflammatory. And in the process I hurt a bunch of people I care about. And so, I want to apologise now."

Pressure from above?

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159652)

danmiracle
March 9th, 2007, 17:30
haha!

Shrygue
March 9th, 2007, 17:34
So... Heker has apologised - he certainly did go a bit over the top issuing those bad comments.

eLAy12
March 9th, 2007, 18:36
His statements has made him loose any credibility he had.

WastingTheDawn
March 9th, 2007, 19:04
How much does he really mean it?
The higher ups probly said sumthin to him and i agree with eLAy12 he has lost all his credibility and maybe ruined his career.Times like these it shows maybe you should think before you speak rather than fly off and say comments such as those,He had made about companies that help him pay his bills.It was obvious the gaming community would have alot to say about what he said even if they did agree with him,most believe it went to far.

mastersho
March 10th, 2007, 19:11
I think that I would have flipped out on that guy if I herd that. Then I would have brought up the Philips iCD...talk about a piece of..well....all around....crap....